Which is better the iphone or Samsung Galaxy?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by darelle4 • Oct 1, 2013.

1. darelle4

darelle4Member

Threads:
    Well for me it is a difficult pick because I love them both. I want to know the differences between these two phones, both the advantages and disadvantages

2. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I would go with the Samsung Galaxy because i like the way it is and the OS on that thing is pretty good, when with a iPhone you are locked away from a lot of content that should be yours already, seeing how pricy those things cost.

3. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    When it comes to the quality of software (pre iOS7), I would definitely choose iphones. But after the iOS7 has been released, there isn't pretty much difference anymore between iPhones and Galaxy phones (or other Android devices for that matter).

4. Danna Brown

Danna BrownNew Member

Threads:
    I would definitely have to go the Samsung Galaxy. A lot of the features come with the phone free. As opposed to the iphone, where you have to pay. I would definitely choose the Samsung Galaxy over the iphone.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Samsung Galaxy S3, most people agree is far more superior than the iphone. I found a very 'techy' article online which lists all the advantages of the Galaxy S3 over the iphone. Take a look and if you love the iphone tell us if the writer was wrong:

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm planning to buy an Android phone this coming Christmas, so the comments here will help me decide which model I should buy. I've always found the iPhone too overpriced, so I guess it's not a wise choice to buy one.

7. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm more of a Samsung fanboy so I'm going with the Samsung Galaxy line as compared to Apple's iPhone line. I prefer the Galaxy line because it offers a lot more variety to users. There are low end Galaxy phones and high end Galaxy phones and there are those that are just in the middle. The high end galaxy phones are top-notch like the Samsung Galaxy Note line and the Galaxy S line. There are also those that are appealing to the masses like the Galaxy Y line and the Galaxy Ace line.

Apple just has one type of phone in the iPhone line. That's not a lot of variety.

8. kevin786

kevin786Member

Threads:
    Samsung Galaxy S4 is better than iphone because it has all the feature like big screen and many applications without any cost

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My Samsung is far more customizable than my husbands Iphone.. for that alone, I would choose mine. It does far more, although I think I prefer the weight of his over mine. I can't stand either phone though lol.. I miss my Blackberry.

10. zero26800

zero26800New Member

Threads:
    I think overall, the nexus phones are going to beat out them all once they become more common. They provide a pure google experience, no heavy manufacturer UI's like touchwiz, and best of all they are much cheaper. They offer a great experience. I have a galaxy s4 currently but I think i will be getting a nexus phone the next time around. Iphones are good but only if you have tried everything else. They are falling behind because they don't provide the wow factor they once did and are not changing enough leaving consumers bored. So in the end it's an opinion but some things to keep in mind for sure.

11. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer the Samsung Galaxy phone over the Iphone for several reasons. The latest Android Operating System is by far one of the best operating systems in the mobile industry. Samsung has always been my all-time favorite mobile brand, and I really like it because it makes high-ended phones such as the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The Samsung Galaxy offers a faster processor along with both internal and external memories. The Samsung Galaxy phone offers customizable home screen, which gives me more options to organize the applications easier. The new multitasking feature is one of the main reason I would go for Samsung Galaxy.

12. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    I think both are great. Iphones have excellent software, application support, multitasking besides having long lasting batteries though they are typically very expensive, a large number are made with a touch screen as well as others becoming sluggish after being installed with many applications. Samsung Galaxy are made with a big display excellent battery backup, dual sime and 8GB internal as well as 32GB expandable though its camera does not record HD videos in built video player.

13. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, that both are leaders in their class. To really compare both phones would be difficult, because of features that favor the other. There are tons of features that the samsung galaxy has. Then there are tons of features the iPhone have that the Samsung Galaxy does not. One example of a feature, is the ability to download items straight from the internet app. That is a feature I wish iPhone would mimic.

14. BlackMage

BlackMageNew Member

Threads:
    Samsung Galaxy is absolutely better than any iPhone, just because iPhones are so overpriced. A lot of in-depth testing has shown that iPhone 5 is a lot closer to Galaxy 3 than Galaxy 4, which means that you pay more for an "older" model. Apart from the design, which is iPhone's strongest feature, Samsung Galaxy is a much better phone overall. You can see an in-depth analysis by some experts

15. steisehodgson

steisehodgsonMember

Threads:
    I have both Galaxy and iphone for work, the iphone is more difficult to navigate, it generally takes a better picture but looking at the above I noted the excess of red in the indoor pics, the iphones tend to last longer before needing recharging, I don't think the iphone is better and the restricted OS is annoying.

16. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Considering the short shelf life of phones these days, and now that the S4 has been out for several months now, I would probably look into to the LG G2 or the new Nexus phone instead at this point. Mashable recently reviewed the LG G2 and said it was better than the Samsung Galaxy S4:

I've also had my eye on the new Galaxy Note though, because believe it or not I may actually want a phone with a stylus again. I recently got some credit card readers from Paypal, Intuit and Square, and they require a signature to complete the sale - which is odd to do with just your finger. A stylus would be perfect in that instance.

17. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I have the utmost respect for Steve Jobs and what his brand represents which to me is, if you have a dream, make it reality. Having said that though I just don't understand the hype that is the iPhone. I go for the Galaxy as it better suits my mobile needs

18. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I'd personally go with the new Galaxy S4 if I was given the option, that said I'm not a fan of the plastic phones one bit. The aluminum body of the iPhone is really nice.

19. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    I recently own a Samsung Galaxy and really it works great for me. I have not used any other kind of Iphone thus I cannot appraise the benefits of the two. So if asked such a question I would only tell you to go for the Galaxy as per my own experience with it.

20. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I used to love apple when it comes to their phone but now I'm switching to Samsung. I love their features more now these days. And they have units that are totally affordable than the iPhone. I think that's more reasonable to purchase.