How would you rate GTA V?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Stiflex • Oct 13, 2013.

1. Stiflex

StiflexBanned

Threads:
    I haven't beat it yet but I love the game. I will probably still be playing it a year from now. My only pet peeves are the controls for driving, the skill of the cops and the fact that people can ambush you in online play when you are doing something like customizing your car and exiting the garage. I love it otherwise! I give it a 10/10.

What about you :)?

2. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Haven't tried it online as yet and have only played it once or twice on my friend's console, so my rating may be slightly uninformed. I'd give it an 8/10. This may (or in all probability definitely will) go up when I play the game more.

3. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I give this game a 9/10. It's a very good game and I liked playing it. I'm not a big fan of this game, but my nephew let me play his and I actually liked it which surprised me cause this is the only game in this series that I have played.

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    It's not perfect, but they did a lot of great things with this title. Too bad that it was two steps back in comparison to San Andreas, that game had so much, and for some reason this new entry in the series have less content than a game from 2007.
    Still, it' a new Grand Theft Auto game, those are always fun.

5. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    I bought this as a gift for my husband and had planned on getting it for my teenage son for his up and coming birthday. I am soooooo glad he played it first. There are scenes in this 'game" that children should not see. I am not buying this game for my child. My husband can not stay off of this game. He is trying to complete it without using cheat codes etc. After a while, I began playing it. Overall, the game is cool!

This is definitely a 17 year old and over game!!!

6. ArchaeRogue

ArchaeRogueNew Member

Threads:
    I give the game a 9.5/10. GTA 5 has probably the best dialogue and voice actors of the year. The reason why it's not a perfect 10 is because I feel like some missions are really dragged on and boring.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What are your reasons for giving it that score? I only ask because everyone else gave their reasons in detail and this is a game discussion.
    I give Grand Theft Auto V a 10 of 10 for the story, voice acting ,the huge scale of the map and how much fun I had playing it. I loved the voice actors, especially Steven Ogg who voiced Trevor.
    I loved the soundtrack, especially Radio Mirror Park. I love the fact that Franklin had a dog and there was wildlife in the game, which is a first for GTA.
    I loved the realistic random weather and the fact that you can follow an NPC around all day and watch them go to work and home and live out their entire day.

The only thing that can top it is the GTA V port for Playstation 4 and XBox one, which is going to have some graphical enhancements.

8. Forall

ForallMember

Threads:
    Yep, I agree too!

9. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoyed it while I had the game. It is a shame that it is not available for PC. I really enjoyed the racing element of the game, it really can be a great racing game if it stood alone. I never finished the story line because of a bug in the game that did not let me advance. I ended up damaging my disc and returned it under the GameStop warranty to get it replaced. I sold a new copy of the game and I felt really good about it.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I may be a bit biased because I love this series already to begin with and don't really play that many other games but I'd say it deserves a 10. It really is very well made and you can tell that the developers really out their hearts into it each time and really try to upgrade it the best they can in each version. I think these games are great in that their upgrades aren't just gimmicks and instead they really integrate well with the whole feel of the game.

11. ReDGuNNeR

ReDGuNNeRMember

Threads:
    GTA V gets a solid 8/10 from me but I must add that I enjoyed the previous entry in the series so much more. I'm not even from New York City but I felt such a great connection to the virtual space that was Liberty City. The cast of characters was gloomy and depressing including the main character but hey that's life.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you read any video game magazine or website in the past 3 months? There was a huge announcement at E3 that Grand Theft Auto V is being re-released with graphical upgrades for PC , Xbox One and Playstation 4. So no need to worry, you can buy it for PC in December 2014 during the holiday game release season.

At first, I was going to say that it was a bad move to sell such a great game but now everyone is selling their copies of GTA V to get the upgraded versions for the current gen consoles and for PC.