Fasta Pasta

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Dame6089 • Oct 20, 2013.

1. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I bought the Fasta Pasta off of Amazon about 2 years ago. I love it! It was a lifesaver when I lived in a dorm during college.

You wouldn't think that cooking noodles in the microwave would work well, but it really does. They turn out pretty much the same as boiling on the stove. The only downside is you can't cook more than a few servings in the Fasta Pasta, so it is not ideal for group meals. Overall though, I would recommend the product to everyone.

2. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Never heard of it, but that would be great for quick meals. I am assuming it cuts the boiling time down dramatically. I would probably like it if it worked for noodles as well as ravioli, or tortellini, since sometimes everyone wants something different, so this would be ideal to make individual portions.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It does indeed work, I was surprised as well. I had purchased a cheaper knock off of the Fasta Pasta though, just to give it a try. I would not recommend getting the knock off since it was pretty flimsy, and it got even flimsier as the water boiled in it - which could have resulted in me getting burned a number of times. Also, for some weird reason the handles are detachable, and would fall off really easily. You can basically do the same thing in a glass bowl, but the Fasta Pasta is shaped better for spaghetti or other long pasta. Interestingly, I don't like cooking long pasta in it since they tend to stick together. Instead I would cook stuff like rigatoni or shells.

4. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    I wanna buy it as well. But it doesn't seems like it is available on Amazon. Any other suggestions.

5. glitter9

glitter9New Member

Threads:
    My cousin in college uses this, in her dorm. She loves it, and is the toast of her dorm whenever she takes it out.
    I have tried the results, and I have to say it taste pretty good. It even has me thinking to get one.
    Pretty good machine and she got it at a reasoanble price also

6. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:

It is still on Amazon. It seems like they have added new colors and a measuring cup since I bought it. Trust me, it works. If you are looking for a way to cook pasta in a dorm, this is your go to.

7. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    This seems like a good product to buy. I am going to check this out on Amazon and see if it's something I would like to have.

8. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I wanted to state, because I noticed no one had, the name is fantastic. Hilarious and to the point. That was a great marketing idea.

The product itself, though, seems to have a niche market of those incapable of boiling water (or dislike boiling it?) for whatever reason. Be it college or a hotel/motel stay. I am not a particularly huge fan of improving something that works perfectly fine already. Also, not huge fan of microwaving things but I can see the value in it for others. It is just not my cup of tea.

9. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I am in agreement with JoanMcWench here. I would prefer to use a stock pot to boil my pasta like I usually do. I would probably use this if I'm in a worry, and I have to make large batched of pasta within a short time, but I choose not to buy this right now.

10. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah, like I said it was great for being in a dorm. I still use it on occasion now though because it is faster than boiling water. It is great when I am short on time.

11. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    That is cool. I love cooking pasta and would probably get a lot of use out of this especially since I like to make different foods for my son that are quick to make as well since I sometimes typically make him something different then what I eat.