Travelling Alone - Where Would You Go?

Discussion in Travel started by DrRipley • Oct 21, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Where would you go if you had one month to travel alone for leisure?

If I were travelling with friends, I'd want to go somewhere like Disneyland or France, but if I were to travel alone, I think I'd rather be alone in Asia. I don't know exactly why, but I feel like some of the countries in Asia would be pretty nice to experience alone, at my own pace. Of course, it would be fun to go there with friends too.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I will vote for Disney if by myself. I took the kids there many years ago when they were little and had fun. Disney has changed so with the Sci included I would love to see it. Paris is also a place I would have fun in, I took french for years and would love to see if I can still speak the language.

3. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes we need to take a break, slow down and do something that makes us good for the soul. And what better respite to take a relaxing holiday away from it all to find peace and comfort enjoying the solitude. Traveling alone is a way to take time for yourself, pamper ourselves and restore our physical and emotional balance.

In my case, I have a defined option, but I can improvise. Peru is a country with rich history, culture and they have one of the seven wonders of the world, Machu Picchu, all that makes Peru one of most popular destinations for solo travelers. It is ideal to explore and discover new things. On the other hand, is a journey adaptable to any budget and distance from my country is relatively short. It's clearly a destination that I have in mind. ;)

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Anywhere!! My two favorite trips EVER were made all by myself! - one to London, one to Los Angeles. Both places I didn't have anyone free to go with me, and as I'm not one to miss opportunities, I hoped in a plane and went by myself! Those trips turned out honestly perfect! I wouldn't change a thing about them!
    When you travel by yourself you meet new people incredibly easily, you go to places you want to go, not being influenced by what other people want, you are free to change your plans anytime without consulting others, you eat whatever, meet whoever, it's awesome!

5. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    If I would travel alone and with tons of money to enjoy myself I might go to thailand, japan and maldives. Maldives probably is my priority though because as what I've read to an article months ago that this island might not last long and could disappear in the phase of the earth so I gotta go there before this happen.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have traveled alone before. But if I was going to travel alone today, I would love to travel to Europe. I especially want to visit France and Italy. I don't have any fear of traveling alone because I always do my research ahead of time.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I were traveling alone then I'd most definitely visit the places that I wouldn't visit with my family because of security issues. Since I can take care of myself and I've always wanted to see the pyramids in Egypt, that's where I'd go regardless of the political tensions in the country.

8. kevin8624

kevin8624New Member

Threads:
    I would go somewhere that had tons to see and lots of places to explore. Hawaii has tons to do and a great nightlife. I've always wanted to go to Rome and see all the sites there. Have fun on your trip!

9. Canadian Lover

Canadian LoverNew Member

Threads:
    If I were to travel alone it would be to where I know people I don't like traveling overseas by myself, since I don't know anybody and don't speak the language. What usually happens for me is I go somewhere with friends, then meet some of the locals who I end up becoming friends with. It would make sense then to go back to pthat place alone since I know someone there. I run into less problems that way.

10. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    I would always hear from travelers that in order to discover more about yourself, get lost somewhere else. I have not mustered the courage to do that but I would definitely want to get lost in Thailand. I have always been fascinated with their culture, add to that the beautiful beaches Thailand has to offer. It's quite a challenge to travel in Thailand for they have a strong sense of nationalism that only a few can speak the universal language. I do not mean that to downgrade them for the record.

11. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    If I was travelling alone I'd buy an all included package in a resort by the beach in a tropical country. I've been to Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) like this and I loved it, except for the food, it wasn't excellent, but it wasn't too bad either.

12. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have no problem with traveling alone, I traveled through Asia for over a year alone. I started the journey with my friend but he had to leave prematurely due to a motorbike accident.

I would like to travel to South America in the future and I would do it alone.

13. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would travel anywhere with amazing history. I'd explore all the greatest archaeological sites of the world.. I'm obsessed with the people and places we all come from.

14. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I would probably go to Boracay. I love to find some serenity in the beach. And I heard Boracay is safe for tourists.

15. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I really love travelling, I want to go to australia and canada alone. I don't really mind traveling alone. This is actually fun, I think going to some places that are remote is a big no for me if I'm alone.

16. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    Australia seems to be a great place to visit, I have a really good impression of the Australians, they seem pretty relaxed people, a little like the Canadians but with better weather. :p

17. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We are relaxed :) I just don't see how Australian's can be so relaxed when they're surrounded by killer bugs and animals. I would never sleep! lol. And that little ozone issue they have! They should move here to canada, lol.

18. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I cannot imagine traveling alone. Wow. It's so far out of my comfort zone. But it does sound wonderful, doing something just for me.
    I would love to Australia.

19. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I love traveling, but I could not travel alone. I have an irrational fear of being lost. I start to panic if I don't know where I am going. I could eventually figure it out, but I don't think well when I panic. I need someone else to help me watch where I am going and figure out how to get from point a to point b. If I am familiar with someplace, I am okay to be alone. I would much rather travel with friends or family.

20. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    If i was a single man? Brazil, then Mexico, then Italy, then Spain, then Switzerland then Japan.