Cow's Milk, Soy Milk, Almond Milk and others. What do you prefer?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by justusforus • Oct 28, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I continue to drink cow's milk as an adult. I actually like Soy Milk and Rice Milk alot. I know there are so many other types and brands. What is your choice of "milk"?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't prefer milk at all for drinking. Especially the commercial stuff.. it's unethical and full of disgusting things I can't bare to ingest. I do need milk for other things though. Right now we buy a lot of coconut and almond milks (not grocery store versions). We would buy raw milk, but it's been demonized by the government for so long now, we're not allowed to drink it unless it's from our very own cow. Some farmers have loopholed it, but still.. it amazes me that people are scared of real food while plowing down chemical soup lol.

3. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    Cow's milk, totally. I have tried soy milk, powdered milk, almond milk (while I was on a low carb kick) and a few others and have simply not been impressed. I will say that I would give almond milk another chance by using it for cooking or in cereal or something like that, but when it comes to drinking milk, there is no substitute for cow's milk. It's all about flavor for me and I guess I'm just accustomed to getting a specific taste when I drink milk...none of the rest of the milks out there even come close.

4. SophiaLazar

SophiaLazarMember

Threads:
    I found later in life that I became a degree of lactose intolerant. I didn't really know what the symptoms where, and had never thought much of it, until I saw a episode of Dr. Oz, on tv, that really made me realize that my stomach upset was from milk. I dont have the same problem with aged cheese, like Parmesan, so I hadn't put it together.
    The milk we buy that isn't organics, may or may not also have a bunch of different kinds of hormones present, and that can be a health issue as well, where as goat cheese or other products that are considered dairy might not affect as much as bovine products. I found that almond milk really helped the issue, I dont really have it that much on cereal, but it was even that small amount in my coffee, that was bothering me. I now prefer almond milk, and dont think of it as a milk replacement, but just something yummy that I like for its own taste quality, which does not so much remind of dairy milk, but maybe like other nut milk, like coconut.

5. Shana

ShanaMember

Threads:
    I'm not a big milk drinker at all now that I'm all grown up. I use it in cereal and to cook with a lot. I also have kids so there is always milk at my house. We stick to normal cow's milk. I think the rest taste pretty gross and are a waste of money seeing as how they are like double in price.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like any other milk besides cows milk. I like it regular or with chocolate or strawberry syrup. I don't like rice or soy or almond milk it just isn't for me.

7. RazKnows

RazKnowsNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah I only drink whole milk. Iv'e tried soy and almond milk and they're disgusting to me. Organic milk is pretty bad too so I'm going to still to whole milk for a while!

8. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I like to use a powdered soy milk brand which we have produced here in Jamaica. It got the award for the best tasting soy milk based product in the world, so it tastes really good. The name of the brand is Lasco. I don't drink any other type of soy milk. I mainly prefer whole milk.

9. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I drink cow's milk. I get the 2% milk that says they don't use growth hormones in any step of the process. I don't like whole milk. It is too fatty and thick for me.

I have tried soy milk. It is not bad, but I think it leaves a funny aftertaste. I will not drink it by itself, but I will use it for baking if the recipe calls for it. Also, I have tried almond milk. That was good. I don't buy it though. It costs too much.

10. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Now, I know a lot of people have nut allergies but if you do not have said allergy I would give Almond Milk a try. I really enjoy the consistency of the liquid. The taste is phenomenal. The nutrition stats are exactly what I am looking for in a milk. However, you do have to be careful when it comes to recipes that call for milk. Using almond milk might ruin some recipes. I prefer an unsweetened glass or with cereal. Delicious.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As a kid, I loved drinking regular cow's milk. When I became lactose intolerant, I switched to almond milk. I love it. I would drink it even if I wasn't lactose intolerant. The chocolate version is like dessert for me. I will drink rice milk, but it's consistency isn't as thick as almond milk. I will only drink rice milk in a pinch.

12. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Cow milk. Being somehow lactoxe intolerant, I've tried a lot of kinds of milks, but I didn't like any. So I just buy de-lactized (is that even the right term? :D) cow milk. :)

13. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    My choice of milk is vanilla soy milk. I prefer that the organic kind. I can almost never find the organic kind on sale anywhere. I know it is better for me to drink the organic milk whether it is from a cow, it is made of soy, or whatever kind of milk it is. I would really like to get healthy again. I think getting healthy again starts with eating healthy.

14. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    Ice cold vanilla almond milk is my favorite milk for drinking. It's delicious to me with its slightly nutty taste and i love how much protein & vitamins I get from a glass. I still prefer cows milk for my cereal and other cooking needs. I just can't stand the after taste that comes with drinking cows milk straight. If I do drink it it also has to be ice cold. Not a big fan of soy milk. I don't like the taste or consistency. Havent tried rice milk yet so I can't give an opinion.

15. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I like soy milk the best of all those options, but only the Zen soy brand specifically. As a child, I absolutely hated milk...and I haven't developed that much of a fondness for it over the years. I'll drink it very rarely and cook with it when necessary, but that's about it.

16. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    I love almost all kinds of milk but cow's Milk is still my favorite.
    Soy milk is also very good and delicious while also being healthier, so I like to drink it from time to time.

17. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    I was raised on cow's milk. I also raised my first 2 children on cow's milk. With my last kid she would become sick after drinking it. After informing her doctor she was diagnosed as being lactose intolerant. Cow's milk is lactated. The doctor suggested we switch to soy milk. Another thing I have learned about cow's milk is that it retains a lot of fat depending on what you purchase. I was advised to purchase 1% or 2% milk to help reduce the amount of fat intake. Even though there is fat reduction in this milk, vitamins are not excluded or decreased in the 1%-2% milk.

I find coconut milk to be good. I use it when making peas and rice and it comes out pretty good. Now that I am older, my body doesn't tolerate milk very well. For my family, I nurture them with Soy Milk, 1-2% Whole Milk, Carnation Milk and CoConut Milk.

18. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Frankly I don't consider all those things like soy milk and almond milk, milk at all. They taste terrible and aren't appetizing at all. Cow's milk on the other hand is great. I like that a lot and usually drink 4-5 glasses a day or even more when I am in the mood. I also occasionally enjoy goat's milk.

19. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I love cow's milk, but I can't drink it often because I'm intolerant to it. I hate the flavour of soy and other kinds of milk so I end up drinking juice most of the time. I don't think cow's milk is very healthy for a grown man though.

20. millerhicks

millerhicksNew Member

Threads:
    Having lactose intolerance, we have tried a few different kinds of milk in our house. We have tried the soy milk and find it to be more like sand water. The almond milk got a better reception; especially the chocolate form. We are currently keeping that and our store-brand lactose free milk. None of it really tastes like regular milk to us, but the last two are the best substitutes we have found. The taste is tolerable and neither affect the tummies.