Has Anyone Used A Debt Management Program?

Discussion in Credit Cards started by Isabellas2007 • Apr 23, 2012.

1. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I know credit card debt can easily eat you alive. Heck, I was to the point of almost getting ready to file bankruptcy a couple of years ago. However, I managed to get myself out of this and paid down to reasonable levels. Has anyone ever used the debt management programs before? If so did it hurt your credit and what company did you use for this? I am not talking about the debt settlement companies either, because those companies generally end up killing your credit to the point you cannot even get the money to pay for cup of gas station coffee. Legitimate companies only please!

2. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    A friend of mine used one, and I must say that it really helped her turn her situation around. It was definitely a legitimate company...I am afraid I do not know the name though. I am sure someone will be able to help you on the forum.

I simply wanted you to know that it works. She even landed up buying a home in a great area for a much cheaper price after paying off a truck load and them some of credit card debt. All the best with that, just stay focused on getting rid of it.

3. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    That is a good thing! I will have to tell my friends this type of item does work! I know they were kind of cautious because they seen where peoples credit history was destroyed by the program. Thank you for the help!

4. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    My husband and I paid off 10,000 in debt in 2 years using Dave Ramsey's debt snowball. I highly recommend Dave Ramsey's website and books to anyone wanting to get out of debt. I just need to finish paying off Sallie Mae so I can kick her to the curb and be completely debt free! (Stupid student loans!)

5. Shell323

Shell323Member

Threads:
    I have heard from some people that these companies do work, but there are so many scams out there. I have been scared to try them myself. My problem is student loan debt more than credit card debt, and unfortunately from the research I have done most of those companies do not like to work with student loans. I wish I had a better information also, I'll have to keep coming back and checking for others experiences.