What is your favorite "gift" store?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by justusforus • Nov 7, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    There used to be many in malls, like a Hallmark shop, Spencer Gifts and other specialty stores. Do you have a favorite gift store and what is some of the items you like to purchase there?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to like Spencer Gifts in the early 1990's when I was a teen. Now I buy all my gifts on Amazon. Like with everything else, there are more choices on the internet than in the stores.

3. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I'm in the same boat as ACSAPA, the only place I seem to buy gifts on nowadays is Amazon.
    It's just a matter of convenience, the regular stores can't compete with the amount of things available on a website because they are limited by the store space.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still go to the mall and shop, not particular store to get a gift. I like to feel and see the items before I purchase them. I know I can return items if I don't like it but online shopping does not make me happy.

5. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    If I am shopping for a woman I like to go to Anthropologie. I think they have the prettiest most feminine gift options and generally most of them are things people wouldn't normally buy for themselves. I like to buy the pretty soaps, they have some lovely little jewelry boxes and for people who like to cook they have these great tea towels that are definitely more for decoration than actual use. If I am shopping for a guy I am all over the place, sometimes Amazon, nice cigars or liquor, a sporting goods store, it really depends what he wants and likes.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I enjoy buying gifts at small stores, not chain stores. And that is because I really enjoy giving personalized gift for people. For example, at Christmas I made personalized cups for my grandmothers with pictures of them and their grandchildren. I think personalized gifts are the best.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    If I'm excluding online options and need a go-to place to buy a gift the day of an event (no time for shipping!), then Bath & Body Works has always been my go-to place for women.

It's pretty standard, but women do tend to like yummy smelling bath goods or candles and even if they don't, then these type of generic gifts can easily be passed on to someone else without anyone knowing, too (which I don't mind), so everybody wins.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that nowadays, when everything can be bought online and more cheaper at that, people tend to just buy things online than to bother looking in a physical store. Nowadays, my favorite site to buy small and cheap gifts of all sorts is

and

9. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I just buy gifts online on Amazon. I don't really trust other stores because they are sometimes fake. I can't even count the number of people I know who got scammed by online stores.