Want great bra suggestions

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by mrsalphabet • Apr 23, 2012.

1. mrsalphabet

mrsalphabetMember

Threads:
    I am looking for reviews and suggestions for great bras. Preferrably bras for fuller figures and large breasts. I am having a hard time finding a good bra that offer major support, but still looks young and sexy!

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm also a full figure woman. Bra shopping is a nightmare. My bra of choice is the Playtex Support Can Be Beautiful. There's also the 18 Hour bra. They look good and provides great support. I don't think of them as being sexy though. The best part for me is that they are underwire free.

3. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    Try online for European brands: Curvy Kate, Freya, etc. they are much better options with large bust. Im 34G and I love Freya Rio and curvy Kate bras. They're sold at stores such as Intimacy. Places like that are great for finding good bras, make an appointment or ask an associate to help you with fitting even if you think you already know your size. I like that they don't measure, but go by how things are supposed to fit.

4. Sarah C.

Sarah C.New Member

Threads:
    I am sooo glad that you shared this information! I have also had a tough time finding bras in my size that are both supportive and sexy.

I had never heard of these brands until you posted, and I am excited to see what they have to offer. You would think there would be more companies like this in the US as well, but it seems as if there is hardly any selection for large breasted women.

Vicotiras secret is a joke for large breasted women. I get offended everytime I go into their store! lol - They leave a lot of women out when it comes to their line of clothing.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:

These are really great bra lines. We definitely don't have anything like that in the United States. At least, not that I know of. They really look great. Unfortunately, most of those bras had underwire and I avoid that at all cost.

6. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I do also, those bras with the underwire hurts me so bad and I do not want anything like that on my body ever again. If it's not comfortable, I don't want it. I want something I can wear all day long and night if I have to without being hurt. So I am glad to know maybe there is a place that we ladies can shop for comfort, as well as style. Thanks Katniss for looking out for us ladies.

7. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I have the same problem. I will definitely check on these brands, hopefully they sell online. I always wear bras with underwire because it gives my breasts total support and it also makes it look fuller. I always make it a point that my underwired bras are a perfect fit so that it will not be uncomfortable. I think bras with underwire minimizes sagging, so i wear it even when i'm at home but i adjust the straps a little loose.

8. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    I like Wacoal. It fits me perfectly as a curved woman.

9. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I wear a cotton bra, those mostly made by Blue Canoe although there are other brands, I have found theirs easier to find. It's hard to find in a larger size even from their own website. I really love it tho and found it from another site that is now going out of business.

Amazon has some, but again, it's hard to find the larger sizes in cotton. And when I say cotton, it does have enough spandex to fit well, lol. I especially like the one called 'Jane's Bra, it's a cross over style. What I prefer about this style is the underband does have spandex, but not tight elastic so much which can be annoying and ride up. But this one does neither.

They are not sexy particularly, but they are very comfy and do look good. They do come in other colors besides black and ivory, but again, if you are small you will have better luck with that. I'm in Texas, it's hot, so the cotton is very appreciated, a necessity, really. I only wear one to have something to not see thru. That, and I don't want em to hang down to my knees, lol

10. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    A great bra for me at least, is the Ahhh Bra! It has removeable cups, so that when you wash it you can take them out. It is the most comfortable bra there is, I've tried many. I don't do underwire for more than a couple of hours, too painful since my breasts are more to the outside if my chest!:rolleyes: