Are there any websites which genuinely do charity as they say?

Discussion in Charitable Causes started by margarito • Nov 24, 2013.

1. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    Hello all,

I recently came across a thread saying 10 grains of rice donated for every single answer we give to the questions asked in the respective site and was really wondered after knowing that it was genuine. It makes me feel good because there are such sites helpful to two categories of people - one to those who wish to do charity work but don't have any leisure time and to those who are in real need of charity. It doesn't take any tough work to do it. Anyone kind can do it mostly.
    There are people who wish to do something to the needy but don't find time to spare for it as they are packed with their busy schedules. For those such sites give a kind of small satisfaction.

Are there any such other websites doing the same genuinely? Please take time to mention a few as they would be useful to few. Lets bring such sites into lime light and make the most of them. Feel free to do it.

2. Rick321

Rick321New Member

Threads:
    I ran across one that is purely volunteers doing good work. I told them I was poor and couldn't donate any money and the response was, "That's okay... we exist to change the world and not raise money to distribute to ourselves". What a refreshing change! The organization

is educating on the implementation of renewable energy projects. They're teaching me how to approach my local utility to start a Community Solar Garden. They are a 501(c)(3) non-profit which is important. It means they have been vetted by the IRS. Along with donations being tax-deductible, they are required to file showing where the money goes. So far they said not a single penny has gone to salaries; all work has been volunteered and all donations have gone directly towards projects. I believe in renewable energy so I am volunteering some time while I am unemployed. An organization worth checking out is Grid Grants Inc.

3. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    There are many charities that are geniune and not scams but you have to know them a bit and do a bi tof research. One of those organisations is the Charity: Water project where they donate clean water to third world countries that lack it. There are many others out there I'm sure.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recommend WWF and World Vision. These are real charities operating worldwide. They accept donations through online channels too.

5. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Those "10 grains of rice for every answer" seems really sketchy to me, not trustworthy at all, with the ability to give the rice away, why hold it back behind something as trivial as survey questions?
    It almost reminds me of those Facebook posts where the doctors will only save the little child if it reaches 1000 likes, still some people believe that...

6. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    Just about every major and middle sized city has a rescue mission. I have volunteered and given donations for more than twenty years and have never been disappointed. Even if a person has a busy schedule, volunteering to serve a meal with the mission cooks can be a real eye opener and a blessing. It only takes an hour out of a persons life and the rewards are too numerous to go into. Just call the womens or mens mission in your area and they will help you schedule a time when you can help out. You might even have a little fun too.