Seen these movies? Did you like?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Mayvin • Nov 24, 2013.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Did anyone see the move "monster" with Charlzie Theron? I heard that parts of it were a bit fabricated but it was still a good movie. About Shmidt with Jack Nicholson?

2. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I have never seen either of those. Are they both old? I don't even recall seeing trailers, so I imagine they are before my time.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I must join in I have never heard of either of the above movies. When where they made?

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Oh man, "monster", haven't heard about that one in a long time. It wasn't that good of a film in my opinion, more like it was one more movie with "that hot chick that done another movie that was also mediocre".

5. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    monster was such a gritty movie. it was VERY interesting.

6. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Monster was an overrated movie. Pretty actress goes ugly for a role and suddenly everyone loses it. Haven't seen About Schmidt.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I liked the movie "Monster". It was based on a true story, but they had to change some details so that they wouldn't get sued. The movie has great reviews at IMDB. It's a dark and foreboding movie. As for "Schmidt" I haven't heard about it yet. Is it a good one?

8. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard about the movie, but didn't have a chance to watch it yet. I have heard the storyline is excellent and unusual. I would like to check it out soon. Thank you for the suggestion!

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most movies based on true stories have fabrications.. safe to say all of them do. I saw it, but it was years ago. I remember thinking she did a great job though.. what a story

10. freemind_76

freemind_76Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen Charlize Theron's " Monster " but read some mixed reviews about it. And I'm sorry but I haven't seen About Schmidt.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I haven't seen Monster, but I've been meaning to. I just can't get into the right mood for it, I feel it's kind of a heavy story. Anyway, I have seen About Schmidt, and it was thoroughly enjoyable. I could probably relate more if I were a retiree myself.

12. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen the movie Monster and it's actually a really good movie. It's based on a true story i love watching movies that are based on real life things. I came across it by accident it just kind of popped up and i got into it. But it's def a good movie.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I liked Monster, but it's very sad and heavy. The main character is actually kind of sympathetic because you see what led her to start killing. It's a hard movie to watch unless you're in the mood for something depressing and gritty. My favorite electronic music artist BT did the soundtrack and it was pretty good.

14. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen either of these movies. I was going to see Monster, but I never got around to seeing it. If they are any good, I may check them out.

15. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have seen both movies. I think Charlize Theron is a great actress. I hardly recognised her in "Monster". I think it was one of the most important roles of her career. I'm not sure if she won an Oscar for her performance, and if she didn't, she definitely should have.

16. TheRealChris

TheRealChrisNew Member

Threads:
    I've never seen the movie. It sounds kind of interesting. Maybe I'll watch it. Thanks for the post.