Do you guys buy money making ebooks?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Stiflex • Nov 26, 2013.

1. Stiflex

StiflexBanned

Threads:
    As the title of the thread says, do you guys buy like.. "Get rich" ebooks where they talk about making money?

Personally I believe that no one wants to share their methods in how to get rich, because if they do - they wont be able to do it themselves. And I mean, why sell something for 100$ when you can get millions from it? (As promised)

So, do you buy ebooks?

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Absolutely not. The book are either total scam, or just list methods that you can find for free anywhere else on the internet. There is a reason why proper retailers usually don't sell these books. :)

3. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought one and it was a complete waste of money. I was looking really forward to reading it but then I checkout out the website and it's all very scammy. I was so dissapointed in myself. I actually got the laptop millionaire and I regret it. Yeah, these techniques may work for some people but one of the first things he tells you to do is write an ebook. I have no expertise, so this was a bit of a no-go. I don't want to sell something that is not wrote well. I feel like it's just a scam book about how to scam other people and take advantage. I wouldn't recommend it.

4. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    If the author knew how to get rich, they wouldn't be writing get rich ebooks. Seriously, I've read one of those (for free, not gonna waste money on these) and it was fairly useless. The kind of things they mentioned were painfully obvious.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I first got some money deposited to my PayPal account because of some online gigs that I did, the very first thing that I did was to purchase a damn Harvey Segal make money online ebook. And you know what? I haven't made a single penny out of that book. It sucks. You know the problem with make money online ebooks? They sugarcoat the sales page. They make everything sound oh so easy if you would buy the book. But when you have actually bought it, there would be a disclaimer saying that the results may vary depending on the work that you put in. Haha.

6. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I see them as a massive waste of money (from reviews + word of mouth). Also, if you really want them, there are plenty of sites where people will upload them for free after purchasing them.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These so-called moneymaking ebooks are just half-scams that promise the layman that you will make a lot of money when you do their method exactly the way they tell you, but they left out the part where you will either be selling products or become an internet marketer. I really think that these ebooks prey on the gullibility of the people by promising them that they will earn millions of money once they get to purchase their ebook, which is far from the truth.

#7Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  8. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    I have purchased a couple of these books and was really disappointed to find that most of them are just guides on how to do internet marketing. I guess if that's what you want to do, it would be good to find a step-by-step guide to walk you through the process and cut out a little time researching and learning on your own. But there are so many websites you can read to learn on your own for free, so why bother to buy a book?

9. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I always try to make sure that I read reviews about the eBook before buying it. I have had several people saying that those books just contain crap. They also say that it contains information that you can easily be found on Google.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's good to be skeptical but I do believe there are some books which can teach you how to make money online. I'm not talking about those get rich quickly BS books. There are some that are written to help someone learn how to write articles for the net or maybe print magazine. Such a book I can buy but all the other Internet Marketing books . . . I'll certainly not buy.

11. cabenb

cabenbMember

Threads:
    To be honest I've bought a lot of these. Some are total scams others have some gold nuggets. Making money online is a learning process and I've learned the most by making mistakes. Every now and then I've bought an ebook to get some new ideas. As with all things when you buy cheap stuff you get cheap advice. Personally I this told always check places like the Worriar Forum. They have good reviews of real users/buyers. In many cases I didn't buy after reading the reviews.

12. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought any of these books. I don't know whether the advice will apply to me or not and I'm always afraid the summary of it will be "write a books about making money and sell it, chumps like you will buy it".
    I know that's probably not the case, but that fear is always on my mind when I'm thumbing through these books and considering buying it.

13. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    No. I do not buy money making Ebooks. I find that all of that all of the information provided in those books, are already online for free. Mostly in forums like this one. You just have to put in the work, and search for what you need to know. There are tons of successful people in forums who are willing give advice.

14. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    No. I don't buy into it. I mean, If I know a method how to get rich quickly, then I will not share it for a mere $10, that's stupid. Once you see an e-book of this sort it already told you the method of getting quick money, sell e-books about getting money. Everybody wants something out of nothing, that's one of the best human exploits to get rich. And most of the contents of these e-books are just very generic methods over complicated to make it look like it's important.

15. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    While I agree that they shouldn't be bought, they aren't sharing it for $10... they are sharing it for $10 a person... it's a huge different, it usually adds up to a few thousand dollars, sometimes more!

16. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I've read several "how to become a virtual assistant" "how to make money online" and " How to become a mystery shopper" ebooks. I will say that I have followed instructions and made some money. None of the books I've read are promises to make it rich but the do instruct on how to make some extra 'chump change'. I actually may start working towards writing my own book since I collected so many books on the subject and have gained knowledge. By the way I have gotten "most" of the ebooks for free on amazon.