Do you prefer fast food or home made?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by dieselfit • Nov 30, 2013.

1. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Our taste buds have adapted to eating the foods that have been introduced into our society over the past few decades. If we ate fresh and home made food more than the processed foods that we see today, than we wouldn't have a such a junk craving. Fast food seems to be more tasty but it does have it's ugly side. We tend to choose for something that is quick and convenient so maybe fast food is what people would choose. I think if we plan out our meals ahead of time we would be less likely to eat those kinds of foods. Do you prefer fast food or home made? Was it always that choice?

2. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on how much time do I have for the day. I will go to fast restaurants if I get off work late or do not have much time to cook at home. I do prefer home made because at least I know the ingredients and won't make it the food too salty, high cholesterol, and high sugar. Most of the time fast food taste too salty to me, plus it is very health considering it is very high in fat and too much calories.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer actual food, so that's an automatic no to the fast food. Our bodies don't like synthetic "foods" whether your body reacts now or not.. it will. So if a fast food joint started serving healthy foods tomorrow (no they don't, don't argue with me lol), then I might consider it. Even their salads are useless and unhealthy. I've always preferred homemade foods, I just haven't always eaten homemade foods. I was one of the millions who didn't put too much thought into what I put in my body because "they wouldn't be allowed to sell it if it weren't safe to eat". Pfff yeah right haha.

4. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely prefer homemade food. My mother didn't work through most of my childhood and she cooked most of our meals from scratch. Only as an adult did I start eating out at a lot of fast food joints. Since this change has negatively affected my health, I have switched back to the basics. Homemade food also tastes better.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't eat out. Ever. Maybe that's because I live on a farm and most of the work I do doesn't permit me to go romping about in town. So, if cooking is to be done then most of the time we use what we get off the farm.

6. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Denis I'm surprised you don't eat out ever. It must be easy since you live on the farm because if you lived in the city, you would be more than likely to eat out since friends usually meet up at a place where food is offered. Do you have cows and drink their milk fresh ? That would be awesome.

Josie I couldn't agree more with you. The foods out there are so processed that they are almost fake. Even germs wouldn't touch them. A Mc Donalds burger will last forever, literally.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:

Actually, most foods are fake now. And anything with actual foods in them are so processed, like you said, they might as well be fake.. and they mostly are, with only a hint of the food it once was. Even the "healthy" foods are either outright lies or once were healthy, until sprayed and dipped and coated in poison. These fast food joints aren't THAT smart.. it's that people are easy and believe (or rather WANT to believe) everything they're told about healthy eating so they don't have to give up the delicious poisons. Isn't that the way though.. the best tasting foods are the worst for us lol. Not once you get off that diet though. The "foods" I once loved, now turn my stomach just smelling them. I'm better off for it, thankfully.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer homemade food, but I do crave fast food from time to time. Honestly, if fast food weren't so bad for me, I'd probably eat it more often, but homemade food is good enough for me.

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Without a doubt i rather have a homemade meal any day over fast food! Fast food is fine every once in awhile for something quick you know if you don't have time or what not but not all the time there is no fast food that can ever beat homemade food.

10. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    Fast foods is what caused me to gain 11 pounds in the past. I was working out everday but that didn't matter because the foods were so fattening that I would gain weight anyways. So, now that I have lost the weight I no longer want to relive being a heavier size. I definitely prefer a home cooked meal than fast food. At least with my home cooked meals, I know what is in it. I am oblivious to the ingredients when ever I eat out.

11. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    Home made is cheaper, healthier and some meals don't really take all that much time to prepare. The real trick is having the food in the house so you don't have an excuse to go out and buy a quick, unhealthy meal.

12. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    For the most part, I prefer home made foods. Some of the main reasons I will order takeout or get fast food instead is if I cannot make a good copycat version of it at home, or if I don't want to buy all the ingredients to make the item. I can drop a lot of money just buying all the specialty spices, sauces, and other components of a Chinese takeout meal - it's actually cheaper for me to just order it from a restaurant instead, plus I will have leftovers for days. The same thing goes with pizza, often times the local pizza shops will have $5 pizza specials during the week. It would cost me more than that to buy fresh dough, pizza sauce, a bag of cheese, and toppings, so I just get it from a local joint.

13. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    I agree sometimes places like pizza have some good deals that are hard to pass up on. That being said, it's hard to copy half the foods out there. I mean take the Mc Donalds burger or the KFC chicken, it's nearly impossible to copy it exactly unless you can find their secret recipe and even if you do, it won't be the same. They put things in there that make people come back for more and more. It's usually much cheaper to just buy a bag of meat and make your own meals. Sometimes fast food just seems like the choice for most people that are on the go though.

14. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on the day with me. Sometimes I just fancy greasier, quick and easy food that can be delivered to my door. Generally speaking I prefer home made food because it's more wholesome and cheaper.

15. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    I personally prefer homemade food. I never at anytime go For fast foods. This is because I hate the notion that such foods are kept and certain temperatures and fitted with varied chemicals in order to last longer. Chemicals and certain temperatures are risky for your life thus, you may be killing yourself slowly by slowly.

16. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    I very much prefer homemade foods. I don't mind grab fast food maybe once or twice a week, but if its much more than that I get burned out quickly. Secondly, fast food is generally bad for you, although some chains are adding healthier choices, its not what one would tend to select at such establishments. Nothing beats a homemade meal...except maybe for Cracker Barrel.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tend to prefer fast foods because I really don't know how to cook. But don't get me wrong, the food that I eat at home is home cooked and they taste good too, but I think that fast food has more variety, and I really can't resist not having a burger every now and then.

18. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    It really depends on how I'm feeling at the time. Sometimes I'm in the mood for fast food and other times I'm in the mood for a home cooked meal. I've been rarely eating fast food food these days though. Only once in a blue moon I will.

19. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Sidney, fast food can be a pretty easy choice to make. Though once you get into the habit or flow of eating home made, honestly, you'll never go back to your regular fast food habits. I don't remember the last time I ate fast food. It must have been a year or two and it used to be an everyday thing for me. Try planning your meals ahead of time because studies show we'll likely eat foods that's already prepared.

20. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    it depends on the time availability. If i have a time the i definitely prefer to cook at home. if i do not have enough time for cooking then and then only i will go for fast food.