What cleaning products do you use to clean your bathroom?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Kaylah • Dec 7, 2013.

1. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I only use three products: comet, windex, and toilet bowl cleaner. These work fine for me, but I am curious to know what other people use? I have heard about using baking soda as a cleaning product and I am interested in trying that because I don't like a lot of clutter and less cleaning products means less clutter.

What cleaning products do you use and how often do you clean your bathroom? I clean my bathroom twice a week.

2. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I normally just use toilet bowl cleaner and lysol to clean my bathroom !

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use The Works for the toilet bowl and Mean Green or Dirty Jobs for the rest of the bathroom. The Works is $1.39 at Walmart and it gets rid of those stains and mineral deposits on the toilet bowl easily without any hard scrubbing. Dirty Jobs is a line of products endorsed by Mike Rowe and they're pretty effective. I like the all purpose spray in the black bottle.

4. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I use toilet bowl cleaner, CLR bathroom cleaner for the faucet and a shower cleaner for the tub. I always buy these products on sale and will stock up on them. I'll use vinegar to clean the tile floor.

5. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I use Comet to scrub out the sinks and tubs, Sprayaway for the windows because it does not have the urine smell that many window cleaners has, and Lysol for the floors and countertops. I try to keep my cleaning supply inventory very simple so that I am not spending a ton of money on products.

6. readytogocable

readytogocableNew Member

Threads:
    Hey..
    It seems everyone here like to use toilet bowl cleaner.. no doubt it pretty good for cleaning

7. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was wondering this for my shower. I'd like to save money since I already have a bunch of cleaner and don't want us to spend more on yet another cleaner that doesn't work. Plus I don't like to add to the clutter. Also the fumes get to me with my sensitive nose. I need something natural. The bottom of the shower is particularly difficult. It looks so gross. Apparently it's made of fiberglass.

8. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    I love The Works, but you can't let it sit on any surface for more than a minute. It's highly caustic, and can pit your stainless, as well as destroy the finish on brass. I use it for my toilet bowl because it removes any lime buildup. For everything else, I use white vinegar. It works great in the shower.

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We use the ordinary cleanser in our bathroom. We are not particular with the brand but mostly it is Super Ajax. The cleanser is very good for stains on the tiles. In the olden days, I used to buy Toilet Duck to give the toilet bowl that fresh look and good odor. But that was the time when Toilet Duck was being promoted as a new bathroom product - at 50% discount. When it was sold on regular price, we stopped buying.

10. BreezyB0412

BreezyB0412New Member

Threads:
    I use bleach (it's my favorite for the kitchen too), I love Kaboom, Mean Green, Comet, Fabuloso, & Magic Erasers are my staples. Wow, I just realized that I REALLY love cleaning products. lol That list could have went on and on! In the bathroom I try to use things that have stronger smells, I hate to walk in the bathroom and it smell stale. Bathrooms are gross anyway I don't want mine to smell gross too!

11. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’ve tried using baking soda and lemon juice for the bathtub. It does work, and I love that it’s all natural, but I found that I had to use way too much of it. So I switched back to Comet for that. For the toilet bowl I use Pine-Sol, but I think I’ll have to look into The Works. It might be what I’ve been wanting for quite some time…

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use vinegar and baking soda to clean the toilet it is good for removing odors and Awesome for the tub, floors and walls to remove the makes. I like to avoid the cleaners that have a lot of chemicals in them.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only use bleach to clean the toilet, but right now I am gonna try baking soda and vinegar to see if the tiles would look better since some stains are quite hard to remove.