Ibotta Review: Cash Not Coupons

Discussion in Coupons started by PSLoveCharli • Dec 7, 2013.

1. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    Hi friends!

This is a quick post about the iOS app

. Although I am not sure if this app is available on Android. Anyway, Ibotta is an app that repays you in cash when you use the shopping offers offered right on the app. So in short, like couponing, you're saving money -- but also getting real cash back!

1. CHOOSE OFFERS: Open the app and select an offered task to complete. The more tasks you complete, the more pending cash you receive. Easy! But must complete the offers before they expire. And yes they do expire.

2. GO SHOPPING: After completing tasks, you have to then go purchase the items from the deals offered. Ibotta is partnered with over 50 retailers in the US.

3. VERIFY: Ibotta will then automatically verify your purchases.

4. EARN CASH: Once verified, Ibotta will pay you in cash via Paypal! And there you go --- you have a fully stocked refrigerator that you probably only paid half the amount for.

Not bad, not bad. Happy shopping!

2. almillermtz

almillermtzBanned

Threads:
    Sounds amazing.. Should try it out. Thanks for your review.. :)

3. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds cool. I think I tried it before, but forgot about it. Thank you for posting this. It reminded me about it. It was an easy little way to makes some extra money here and there. I always forget about the new websites I join...

4. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to try Ibotta out -- I see a lot of things about it on the couponing blogs. I have an Android phone, though, so I'm wondering if I can get it...

5. monical

monicalNew Member

Threads:
    You definitely can get it on Droid. I used and loved it. Very easy.

6. Halarni

HalarniBanned

Threads:
    This looks awesome :cool: shall take a look for sure, thank you very much!

7. Mochaisis

MochaisisNew Member

Threads:
    I have Ibotta on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (android), and although I love the ease of use with the app, I am a bit frustrated with it as well. I have used the app a few times at CVS, but most of the time, there isn't much that I'm buying that will give me the cash back I'd like. I haven't had the app very long, maybe about a month or so, but it seems that a lot of the products aren't actually sold in the stores where I live. I'm stuck with small $0.25 rebates for milk or bread, and I can't economically justify buying a $9.00 bottle of CLR just to get a $3.00 rebate. I'm just venting, and I fully plan on trying to use the app in a wider variety of stores in the future, but has anyone else found this app a bit lackluster so far?

8. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    What I like the best about Ibotta is that cash out threshold is low. Five dollars is very doable in my opinion. I do see your point about not needing some of the featured products. That has happened to me a few times. I agree that I won't buy something I don't need just for a 1.00 rebate. I've never encountered the products not being sold at the stores in my area. Overall, this is one of my favorite apps.

9. sania250

sania250Banned

Threads:
    These are available without cash?

10. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:

, and--since I don't have any of

--I'm still figuring out how to do all the stuff.

And the process is a little different. Rather than "automatically verify," you either have to send them a picture of your receipt or have to use a loyalty-account they approve of. And the money doesn't go straight to your PayPal (or VenMo or Starbucks Card or Amazon Gift Card or BEST BUY Gift Card); it goes into an ibotta account, and then you can withdraw it to another account when you get over $20 in it.

11. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    This has definitely excited my imagination. I read a review on Ibotta at another site but didn't take it seriously until I noticed this thread. It looks like quite an ingenuous deal especially with the fact that it can operate on Android platforms. The only issue I have is its geographical scope of application so that it nets more shoppers in other untapped markets.

12. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I used Ibotta for the first time this weekend and I am very impressed! I only bought items that I was going to buy anyway, and I made $5.00 back. They also offer bonuses and sweepstakes. They have a very nice refer a friend plan. I really beleive that I might be able to pay my cell phone bill each month with the savings. That would be nice, as I really had to comtemplate before I purchased a smart phone. If the apps on the phone could erase the cost of the bill, that would make me pretty happy!