Free Kindle Books from The Gutenberg Project

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by MyDigitalpoint • Dec 13, 2013.

1. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    If you are short of money this holidays season and you want to give an ebook, audio book, try The Gutenberg Project, which is now also offering free Kindle ebooks.

Check them out,

Remember that The Gutenberg Project has a large collection of digital books in English and other languages your can choose from.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Gutenberg and I've used it often to obtain free books in the past.

There's another site I know of but I'm not sure if they follow the same criteria as Gutenberg Project [posting only books whose copyrights have expired]. Is

a legit free book site?

3. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I love the Gutenberg Project. I've downloaded books from them several times in the past. They have a huge selection of books -- over 36,000. And the best part: they are free! :) I haven't been to their site in months. I need to go check them out again and see if they uploaded any new books.

If any of you are interested in simple or minimal living, they have a great book called The Simple Life by Charles Wagner. It's an old book, published in the early 1900s, but it has some great philosophical points.

4. Aquila

AquilaBanned

Threads:
    Sounds good if you get to see things from it i mean in surely a sensible and decent way learning from the right place which works most of the times for us is a way of growing as a matter of fact books are more like a polished way of doing better.

5. thestoryteller1

thestoryteller1New Member

Threads:
    Thank you for sharing- good idea! I had completely forgotten about the Gutenberg project and I tend to read a lot on a computer. I'll check them out.

6. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    ...I'm pretty sure you worded that kind of poorly. Maybe it's just me? Sorry, but I just can't understand what you're really saying.

7. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I've been reading about getting free books online. Life is easier with access to online books. :)

I've checked out the link and thought, what a resourceful project this Project Gutenberg is. Your link is the first link to free Kindle books that I have ever encountered.

Now all I need is a free Kindle or a Kindle reader app, because I have neither of them.