Do you prefer USPS, UPS, or FedEx?

Discussion in Shipping Services started by brutal37138 • Dec 15, 2013.

1. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    Online retailers generally use USPS, UPS, or FedEx for all of their shipping. Which providers do you believe offer the best service? Which ones have you had a bad experience with? If a retailer only uses one of the options, are you less likely to shop with them? Have you ever decided not to order something based on the shipping options provided?

2. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I have really only used UPS and surprisingly, I have never had any major issues. A few late deliveries and pickups here and there but nothing to really complain much about.

I think they are all pretty much the same really.

3. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    UPS would be the one provider that I would use over any other.

USPS seems to be going under and frankly I can see them being merged into UPS. UPS actually delivers my item within five days. I never have to wonder when it will come or how long it will take.

4. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I would use UPS because from my experience of ordering items from online they are always on time with the delivery schedule. I know in my area what time they are likely to run and I can keep track of the item location as it up dates giving me the last known location. Now I like to use FedEx also because they have such great flat rates when shipping items but I wouldn't choose them when I'm ordering an item online. UPS has giving me great services. If I see another shipping perference other than UPS when ordering online I wouldn't order the item I search other places where the item can be shipped via UPS.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I generally use UPS. I know their schedule in my neighborhood which makes it convenient to keep an eye out for your product. I am not comfortable with my deliveries left on the front porch, not that there has ever been a problem. The postal service in my neighborhood is late in the day sometime not until night fall but I use one of them when I order online.

6. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer USPS because it is less expensive and is quick about delivering my items in a timely manner. I have no problems with USPS since it usually does a good job delivering my items within 2 to 3 business days for Priority mail. The good thing about USPS is that it delivers on Saturday, which is a big plus when I order items during the middle of the week and have USPS to deliver them by the weekend.

7. Cindy16

Cindy16Banned

Threads:
    I prefer USPS and UPS.. Never had problems with these since I started shopping online. My items got shipped on time.. There are just a few delays but not that long. and it seldom happens

8. DankAllen

DankAllenBanned

Threads:
    I like when I buy things online and they get shipped with USPS. The reason is because you know exactly when they will show up. I'm always anxious to get my item so it's nice to have a window when it will be delivered.

9. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I personally have only ever used USPS. There are really no places that us UPS or FedEx down here, so USPS is pretty much my only option. I've never had a problem with USPS though; it always gets things there on time, and is rarely damaged, so I'm content.

10. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    I prefer to use UPS. The UPS in my area seems to deliver extremely quick and are very reliable. I have never had any issues using their service and my packages are always on time. Sometimes, a day or two earlier than the expected delivery date.

11. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have actually had issues with all of the above.

And even though I have probably had the most problems with USPS, I still prefer them because they're the most convenient and cheapest for me. This is what I usually choose when I ship things out. When they're being shipped to me, though, I will sometimes pay the extra couple bucks for UPS instead.

12. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    I personally prefer DHL its expensive then UPS but worth using basically the thing is when its about the growth of something there is a way for learning and going for the right thing so yeah its like that.
    If i choose when in those that you have given UPS would be my choice.

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer USPS because both of my parents worked for the United Postal Service. USPS is also the cheapest and I have had the least amount of problems with them. I really don't like UPS. I have had several problems with them. I cringe when anyone suggests sending me something via UPS. If I need something overnight, I go with FedEx.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think FedEx is pretty impressive. I've had food delivered in a cooler by FedEx and it was still cold when I got it.

I actually don't like UPS that much because they leave packages anywhere and drive away as fast as possible. Last year all my daughter's Christmas presents got stolen off of our doorstep and I had to reorder everything.

15. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    My preference is FedEx. I have an account with the company and I love their online tracking service. It's very detail in my opinion and I have no problems getting in touch with their customer service. I had a horrible experience with UPS in 2008. This was with an international package, which ended up across town at a location almost an hour away from my home. They are not my favorite company and their customer service sucks. Sighs, I don't even want to think about them. However, even if UPS was the only choice I would still buy the item. I won't let one bad experience keep me from getting something I want.

16. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer USPS. I live in PR and this is the cheapest option, both UPS and FedEx consider PR to be international while USPS priority to PR is the same price as to the continental USA.

But there's another reason I like it and it's because I can go pickup my packages. UPS always deliver them, and the street of my address (where my grandma lives, I use her address since I move a lot) is very narrow and so the truck doesn't go in. So even if my grandma is always home, I won't have her walk up the street just to sign for a package for me. Sometimes the UPS driver gets lost on the way to the house and a couple of times we ended up meeting in front of the community church instead (I had to drive about 5 minutes from the house). That means that when I have a scheduled UPS delivery I have to be there waiting for it and that sucks. With USPS if it's a small package they leave it at my grandmas house, or else I can pick it up at the post office on my free day. FedEx is the same as UPS but I've only used it once so don't have a lot to say about it.

I would like to add that USPS has gotten faster in the last couple of years and that Priority usually takes 3-5 days to get to PR. UPS on the other hand charges second day price to PR but always takes more than 2 days. It ends up taking about the same as Priority while being more expensive.

#16Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  17. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer USPS. USPS seems to always have the most reasonable prices and I have had no more issues with them than I have had with UPS, FEDEX or even DHL. I don't mind which shipping method a site uses as long as I receive some type of tracking information. I tend to get nervous if I don't have anyway to track the package because I worry I may never get it.

18. Kteabc

KteabcNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer FedEx. Their tracking system is so detailed and accurate. Much more accurate than UPS. Their delivery times and dates are always updated and my packages generally arrive before they are scheduled to!

19. cucein

cuceinNew Member

Threads:
    Maybe I just haven't shipped the right (wrong?) items yet, but I've never really had an issue with any of the major delivery services. Usually, the delay on delivery comes from the manufacturer's end instead of during transit.
    Then again, most of my stuff is rather light and comes through USPS more than anything else.

20. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I strongly prefer FedEx. I have had great experiences with the rates, timeliness, and care of the packaging in transit. I've pretty much had the complete opposite experience with UPS and avoid them if possible. Unfortunately that's what Amazon uses, which may be why they over package everything so badly.