Do you bundle your services?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by amandak • Jan 19, 2014.

1. amandak

amandakNew Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of services that offer a bundle with their company of your tv, cable, phone, and internet or any combination of those. Do you do this? Is it a good deal? Does it ever scare you that one company has a monopoly over all of your communication services? If something were to ever go wrong with the company, I would be fearful that I would be completely out of all services.

2. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah. I bundle Phone and Internet, I would do TV too with the same provider but I don't watch TV so it's moot. The Line rental is £15/month the internet is £15/month and I make about £1/£2 in calls an average per month using the landline. So just £1/day for Phone, line rental and internet is not too bad.

3. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    We see alot of commercials ( well a few) on the "evil" of bundling but honestly I find it cheaper to bundle my internet, landline phone, and cable. I tried to unbundle about a year back separating the phone service and in the end the service was not all that and it came out to being about the same so might as well keep it as it is.

4. astockd1

astockd1Member

Threads:
    My family bundles a home phone, cable, and internet. We never use the home phone, and in fact its only purpose is annoying telemarketer calls- but it turns out to be cheaper to have the home phone than to not have it. We have an old plan with AT&T I think, we've been with them for a very long time and sometimes they let people stay on a certain plan even though it isn't offerred anymore. We also have 5 cell phone lines with them separately.

5. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    I do bundling. If it's a good company, then you can save a bit by bundling. If you save $7 a month by bundling over the however many years you spend with them, you can save hundreds over the long run. Even though it might not seem like a lot, if the company is offering good service and extra bonuses for bundling with them then I'd do it.

6. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Our internet service is bundled with a landline phone. We just have it becuase we didn't have a choice, although we almost have no use for the landline except when reporting the bad internet connection to the tech support. We don't watch TV so we don't have a cable bundle. In our country, bundling of services tends to be an excuse to charge a higher monthly fee. Solo internet service is just price a third of the cost, but is unavailable with a wired connection.

7. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Our landline, cable and Internet are all bundled. It's the best way to get the best rate Just don't let them talk you into services that you don't need; you have to be careful about things like promotional pricing, or you could end up spending more than you can afford to.

8. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I do not bundle but my parents do, but only their phone and internet. They did it because it was cheaper to combine them so it was really strictly financially motivated. I don't think they worry about one company having control over their services. In fact it may be a bit easier for them because it is one bill per month for two services.

9. daleo717

daleo717Member

Threads:
    Yes I bundle my land line telephone with my internet service. They reduce it $5 for each. I also called Telus my telephone/internet company and asked if they had a cheaper deal. They did give me my land line telephone for $10 a month and it came with any features I wanted. They still charged too high for the internet. But I guess the lower land line price offsets the internet costs. I have basic cable free included in my rent, so that helps also.

10. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Our wifi internet is also bundled with landline phone service. I think it's cheaper that way although nowadays we seldom use the landline phone so I don't think I'm getting a good deal. But so far, from where I am, it's the only cheaper way to get a fast internet service.

I did get a bundled tablet with internet broadband stick before but the connection is really awful. So I'm still sticking it out with our bundled landline and wifi for a while. Though I'm looking into a possible cable internet connection right now just haven't decided yet which company to choose. :)

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bundle my phone, internet and TV. I actually do need and use the landline phone because I have DSL internet and my computer doesn't have a wireless card.
    I like having just one bill to deal with for 3 services. Obviously ,it's important to stay on top of that one bill or three services would be cut off at once.

12. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    We have our broadband and phone packages bundled right now. We have a separate TV provider but that's simply because the price worked out only something like £1.50 more and we prefer the Sky TV service, so we were winners anyway really. I've heard of people who bundle EVERY one of their home utilities together and they get an amazing price. I'm yet to hear of such a service that's opened in the United Kingdom, but if/when I hear of one that's opened, I'd definitely be interested at looking into it further. Bills are a pain in the backside for all of us, after all!