Where is Your Least Favorite Place to Shop?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by LindaKay • Jan 23, 2014.

1. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    If you had to choose ONE store that you absolutely HATE shopping at, which one would it be?

I would definitely have to choose Walmart. I can't stand that place, although I do go occasionally. I usually dread it SO much.

2. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Costco or Sam's Club gives me sensory overload. It is too big and the products are too much...put it all together and I find it an awful experience. At one time, I like many, flocked for the bargains but now it is too much for me on so many levels.

3. sidd230

sidd230Member

Threads:
    As somebody who is actually very technologically savvy and regularly does PC building project, i puke at the thought of going to BestBuy.

4. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    If I had to pick my most hated place to go it would be Costco. It isn't the store, or the product that bothers me. I am highly irritated by the people that go in there simply to graze from one free sample station to the next. If the free samples were eliminated, I could get my shopping done in half the time and with none of the frustration.

5. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I could not be more on board with Walmart. I refuse to shop there. I could care less that you offer me something another establishment offers at twenty cents more. That twenty cents is worth my sanity. I'm not a fan of their business model and I am not a fan of the shopping experience they offer. I'll find another way to shop cheaply, thanks.

6. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I don't mind huge stores like Walmart or Costco.

What I do mind, is poor selection and a overall messy store. For me, that would be K-Mart. Maybe other K-Marts are different, but the 2 or so I've been have made me never want to go back in one again.

7. DanielFull

DanielFullNew Member

Threads:
    BestBuy is definitely the worst shop for me. Their customer service and warranty have been very bad for the times that I've had to use it, would never buy from there again.

8. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Funnily enough the place I hate to shop the most is the also one of my favourite places because they sell some very good DVDs and CDs for only £1. It is called PoundLand and I hate going there because it is always full of the lowest class of people who think it is OK to throw items on the floor, have their kids scream and rip open the toys, and some of them even steal! Who the hell steals from a pound shop?

9. Infamouz

InfamouzNew Member

Threads:
    I can't stand Wal-Mart anymore because of my recent horrible experience. I went to buy an HDMI cable which I noticed they had online for $20. When I went to the store, it was on the shelf for $29. I asked if they could price match their own online price and the woman rudely told me that they don't do that. It doesn't make much sense to me why they wouldn't because I used to work at Target and we would price match any of our competitive stores and even Amazon. So basically, I had to purchase the product online for $20 and choose the ship to store option. Then I had to go home and come back 3 hours later when the order was ready, for an item they had on their shelf. I don't plan on ever going there again.

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I kept thinking about a place I don't like to shop at, and couldn't come up with anything... the truth is I absolutely love shopping! I love shopping for clothes, for books, for electronics, for house utilities, furniture, cars, beauty products I realized I'm a shopping junkie! I like to shop way too much! I guess if I needed to chose, I would say I don't really enjoy shopping for car parts. I don't have a specific store in mind for that, since these tend to be local stores. I guess I also don't like to go to places like Sam's Club either, just because they are so large and tend to be hard to find stuff.

11. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I've found the atmosphere and people at particular stores matters way more than the actual brand. Obviously there are some shops selling things which you just don't care about whatsoever but even then you probably wouldn't go there to begin with. For example a grocery store near where I live is in a really inconvenient location on a hill with bad parking, usually packed and the produce is usually everywhere. I dread going there.

12. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    I really don't hate shopping at any store, but as soon as the holidays roll around I feel like I hate shopping at every store because its gets hectic and chaotic with a stampede of people and horrible customer service because employees are annoyed by the end of the day from all the rush of the customers swarming in. I can't say I blame them I'm barely in the store for a couple of minutes and I can't take it, I can only imagine employees who have to be there all day.

13. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Heh, I don't like going to Gamestop. I don't like the carpet floors, it smells weird and it just seems dirty. Also, I hate Old Navy. The music they play is really annoying. So many stores now seem to think they have to blast music all day. I would go crazy if I had to work at a place like that.

14. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Well I don't actually go into any shops that I don't like. However, if I'm shopping with the girlfriend then we end up going in Primark and I hate it in there. Everyone is like a wild animal as soon as they're surrounded by cheap clothes.

15. mameeker@cuse

mameeker@cuseNew Member

Threads:
    I absolutely hate how dirty all of the K Marts close to me are. They are absolutely disgusting.

16. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I hate K-Mart. Every K-Mart I've ever been in has been disgusting, trashy, and dirty. They all seem to just have a really cheap vibe to them. Luckily, there aren't too many around my area anymore, but man...I hate K-Marts.

17. sidd230

sidd230Member

Threads:
    Walmart. Definitely Walmart. I hate that place so much. Literally the worst place in America.

#17Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  18. crucider

cruciderNew Member

Threads:
    Probably Best Buy, but I don't really have problems with stores because usually I just walk in and get the product I need, buy it, then I leave. It's simple for me, but if I do ask for help they always try to get me to buy other stuff that isn't related to what I asked for help for which is lame.

19. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    My least favourite place to shop is in Vodafone. I went in there once when I was looking to buy a new Internet contract and there customer service was dreadful. The staff constantly talked down to myself and the person I was with and then when we told them something about what we wanted to buy they insisted we were wrong even though we were right. As soon as the contract is over I will be off to another Internet provider as although it will cost more at least they have decent customer service.

20. Chia

ChiaMember

Threads:
    I cannot stand going to best buy and being hounded every second. It's one thing to offer help and be kind but it happens at every single aisle you go down. There is always someone there bugging the crap out of you. I'm just thinking to myself these guys are everywhere, I just want to look around in peace. I don't need some dude working at Best Buy telling me how to spend my money. They don't even give you informed opinions half the time it's always biased towards the most expensive item.