Men's Warehouse Complaint

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Jessi • Feb 25, 2014.

1. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    This is not a first hand experience, but from a friend. Her brother is a big guy...not just in height, but also in weight. He was shopping at Men's Warehouse to be part of a wedding and they were completely rude to him.

I know that a single saleperson or even a single location can't be held responsible for an entire chain, but they SHOULD BE representing the company overall. We were discussing this on Facebook and several other people chimed in that their local stores had been rude to them as well and weren't willing to special order items for those that needed larger sizes. This just seems completely unacceptable to me and I feel like the company needs to reevaluate their training techniques in multiple locations are being rude like this.

2. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think anything a company does can really make this problem go away. Regardless of strict punishment or consistent punishment, people are rude. They have the tendency to let their true colours show when they are over worked and already frustrated. It's hard to remedy this.
    I would think, perhaps, trying the opposite. Rewarding good behaviour. But it seems like big business is not going in that direction.

3. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Try to speak with the management of the store first and if that is unsatisfactory, try contacting the corporate headquarters. One complaint may do nothing, but it will hopefully remain on file and if there are several complaints hopefully some action will be taken. You can also contact the BBB in your area and see if they may already have a file on this location. Unfortunately we all have bad days now and then and there really is no way to completely eliminate rudeness 100% of the time.

4. mameeker@cuse

mameeker@cuseNew Member

Threads:
    Generally employees reflect on themselves more than their companies. I assure you Men's Warehouse does not condone this behavior.

5. Aquila

AquilaBanned

Threads:
    You should have complained the management because its absolutely necessary for them to understand how it all is and at the same time dealing their costumer nicely is what everyone needs to be focusing on.
    If you see the way of understanding all the factors behind moving ahead them the costumer relationship does matter a lot.

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never had a good experience at Men's Warehouse. They want to make their sales and they want to deal with you quickly. Some of the employees are friendly, but you'll usually feel rushed or a little disappointed. I prefer going to smaller businesses for suits and tuxedos and rentals of those items. In my experience, Men's Warehouse isn't your best option, but you'll find it decent enough if you're in a rush or don't have anywhere else to go to.

7. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a big guy also, six-four and 300lbs, and I've had wonderful service from Men's Warehouse. I've rented from them multiple times and bought suits from them and they have always done a great job for me. Maybe I am not as big as your friend, but I have had instances where things had to be special ordered for me.

8. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I have never had any experience with this store. I know that my city has one, but I have never set foot inside. I am sorry to hear that your friend had a bad experience there. It seems like anywhere we go these days, the customer service is lacking. I think that sometimes people forget their manners!

9. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    My apologies to your friend and the brother. That type of behavior boggles my mind because you are in a customer service industry so there is no reason to not be friendly and as accommodating as you can be...and I say this after years working in the customer service field so I understand some days you really need to grin and go with it. I would bet Men's Warehouse welcomes these types of stories/complaints because, especially in this economy, I am sure they don't want to be know for providing this below average customer service.

10. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Actually I wear larger sizes as well, and always had a great experience with them when compared to other stores. It sounds like it might have been an isolated incident. One of their big selling points over stores like Macy's or JCPenney's is that they have a much larger selection of sizes and different fits. Whereas other stores will just try to get you into something that sort of fits, Men's Warehouse will spend the time to find the exact cut that fits your body shape and do any necessary custom tailoring as needed. Usually their employees jump at the opportunity to point that out to you as a selling point (I'm pretty sure they are working off of commission, since they upsell the hell out of you when you go there). In comparison, I've had poorer customer service at stores like Macy's where they are basically just like "we don't have anything here for you, bye". I feel sorry about what happened to your friend though, since that had to be rather embarrassing to be singled out like that. There is another store called Casual Male that caters to larger sizes for mens clothing, and I think they might have some suits in there too.