What would you do without your computer?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by marmunmrhundun • Feb 28, 2014.

1. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    Me personally I can not live without my computer. I would probably go crazy after about a day without my computer. What about you?

2. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I go for weeks at a time without my computer when I am out of the city never missing it. When I am in town, however, I am addicted to it.

3. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't care too much for computers or the internet. I never do anything important on them. The problem is I don't have anything else to do.

4. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    I don't use my laptop that much anymore, I'd probably survive although I'd miss posting on forums such as these. I have a smartphone which I would use for E-mail and other important activities on the internet, but I don't enjoy typing on one. Never really thought about what it'd be like, I feel like I wouldn't miss it at first but it become clear I needed it more than I thought.

5. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Well, i only use the computer when I'm free and got nothing else to do. If I have work or things to do outside, I'll usually just forget about the computer and go finish my work. In a nutshell, as long as I get myself occupied, I'm fine with not having a computer.

6. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I work as a freelance writer so without a computer life would be impossible. In addition, that computer needs to be connected to an internet connection or else it will be all useless.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'd probably just watch TV or work on my drawings, or even play music if I really had no other sources of entertainment. Not that I don't do those now, but I imagine I'd be doing them more frequently if I had no other choice. The only thing that would bother me is that I usually derive a good amount of inspiration from online sources, so without a computer, I'd be pretty much on my own. I suppose that wouldn't be too bad, but I've kind of been spoiled by having online resources and would miss it terribly if it were suddenly gone from my fingertips.

8. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    I would lose my job. I'm an IT engineer so I basically live and breathe computers. That is, until I develop a new computer and become super rich as the new inventor of the PC.

9. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly my life would be extremely boring without my computer, or phone . I use my computer for everything. Watching movies, listening to music, and emailing. Which is basically my entire life. If i didn't have It. I would use my Smart phone more. My Smart phone is a close second in terms of importance in my life. It would make a good alternative.

10. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I have had to before after a breakdown has occurred. I've also had to go without internet too due to switchovers. Most of the music I would listen to I would simply listen to on my iPod for example. I may not be able to add new stuff but I certainly would be able to cope. Many TV shows I would watch on TV, and I would simply have to arrange meeting with friends via phone. It certainly would get pretty inconvenient soon though.

11. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would have to buy a new one as I use my computer for professional use and also for personal ones, it's a really needed work tool and I could not live without it as my income depends on it. As for my personal use, I'd watch more TV maybe? :)

12. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I make all of my money online so if I didn't have a computer anymore then I would have to go out and get myself a proper job, there are no internet cafes around here anymore so I wouldn't be able to nip into one and do some work. I'd probably do what I was doing before which was cleaning.

13. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I can't remember the last day (apart from holiday) when I did not use my computer. I work with them and I game with them at home.

I would do a lot more sports, but yes, I'd go crazy almost definitely!

14. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    Even though there is all this mass hysteria about the decline in PC sales all around the world and the consequent rise of the tablets and their double digit rise in sales, I do not think that people would be able to do their day-to-day stuff without the help of a full sized computer. In my opinion, tablets and smartphones are generally made to consume stuff. So, if i were to go without a PC even for few days, my life would come to a complete stand still because it is an integral part of my life as I use it daily to create a lot of stuff.

15. tinyfang

tinyfangMember

Threads:
    If I don't have a computer, I would pretty much be jobless. However, let's say my job is fine and I lose my computer, then I would pretty much do things that I've always wanted to do like learning new cooking recipes, experiment with food dishes, go walking and cycling more, hang out with friends more, find new friends, write books, etc. My will power to do all those things is low when the computer keeps me company unfortunately.

16. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using computers for the past 20 years and I really cannot imagine how I ever survived during those times when all you have is a typewriter and a landline phone. It just seems so backward. I really like the fact that nowadays, whatever type of information you need, it's as easy as clicking a few buttons. I'm sure I was so ignorant in the past when I was not yet using computers.

17. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I would have a ton of free time in my life. I would do so many things with this free time because I would not have a job. I wish I could. That would be fantastic.

18. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    When without a PC I usually read a lot. And you know what? Those are some fun days. I don't think I usually realize just how much time I spend staring at my monitor doing this and that. What's even more tragic is that at work I spend my time working in front of a monitor too. Not healthy. And this is why I still keep a less powerful PC that I upgrade with inexpensive parts. I'm afraid what would happen if I had a latest generation PC that could run all those sweet games I see advertised. With this being said, I'm still annoyed when certain issues keep me without a computer. But that's no biggie, nowadays we can use the smartphone.

19. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Well, before I had a computer, I just go outside and do some stuff, I mean I'm not really that dependent on my computer for everyday entertainment, and I think I'd be doing more productive things if I got rid of my computer, but unfortunately, my computer is my main tool for income.

20. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would likely spend a lot more time drawing and doing photography. This is actually what I used to do when I was younger, until I got completely hooked on the internet. I had a full art studio set up in my parent's basement, complete with drafting tables, cutting boards, projectors, enlargers, light tables, you name it. I would sit down there for hours each day and just draw non stop. Then I invested in an SLR and started spending a lot more time walking around the parks and downtown taking pictures. Initially I was just gathering snapshots of things to take home and draw but then I started focusing on photography itself.