What paid app is absolutely worth buying and why?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by lavenderblue • Mar 3, 2014.

1. lavenderblue

lavenderblueMember

Threads:
    I'm curious about this. I typically buy free apps and use an app called AppShopper to check when typically paid apps are available briefly for free. So far I've gotten several paid apps for free thanks to this, as especially around the holidays developers will briefly put their apps for free which is so nice. :D Anyway, probably some of the sprawling 3D games are worth the money. I managed to get Infinity Blade 2 for free during the holidays and the graphics are pretty amazing for a mobile game.

2. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    In my opinion, there are a number of apps which are worth buying from the app store. But I would recommend everybody to go ahead and but the Swiftkey keyboard app. This keyboard app is the best which money can buy at the moment. I have been using this app for the past few months and I have to say that it has saved me a considerable amount of time in terms of increasing my typing speed. And there is also a trial version of the app which you can download from the Play store if you want to experience it yourself.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on what apps and games you prefer. I purchased a screen recorder for more than 10 bucks and I think it's worth it. I use it every time I make videos. This app would be useless to other people though. I also purchased Virtua Tennis because I love tennis. This app won't be with it for those who don't like tennis.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    Couldn't agree more. It's the only paid app I currently have in my phone and it's absolutely fantastic. I knew it was going to be good, but didn't expect it to be that good for the price. I think I paid 3 euros for it when I get it (about a year ago) and I'm glad to have spent less than a cent for each day that I've been using it. Definitely worth the money!

5. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think any of the games are really worth buying, unless you know you will play it a lot. With regards to other apps I think a lot of the best ones are free, so it's hard to really recommend one that is paid. I suppose a screen recorder app, but only a few of us will ever make use of it.

6. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    No app is worth purchasing in my opinion. There is always a free alternative that functions the same. You should never purchase an app.

7. lavenderblue

lavenderblueMember

Threads:
    Thank you very much for the replies everyone! The screen recorder and swift key apps are ones I am immediately looking up right now, I've been thinking about how useful both types would be. I've tried some random screen recorder app before that didn't work so hopefully this one will work well. And swift key just sounds like it will be a massive time saver, so thanks for the recommendations! I agree that paying for apps is annoying though, I'd only consider purchasing (instead of a free equivalent) if the app is really irreplaceable and a must-have. Does anyone have experience with writing apps? Right now I use a journaling one called Day One that is fantastic but there seem to be many other paid ones that look interesting. Wish there were trial versions of apps, like Android and Windows App Store have.