Slicethepie?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by eg0mez • Mar 3, 2014.

1. eg0mez

eg0mezMember

Threads:
    Has anybody ever been on slice the pie ? How was your guy's experience, and how quickly did you guys earn money? Lately I've been doing some reviews, but my rank keeps going down making it harder to earn points. Any tips?

2. DankAllen

DankAllenBanned

Threads:
    I just recently signed up for it and I am not liking it very much. It sounds good when you get nine cents per review but they always hassle you and the minimum withdraw amount is ten dollars.

3. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried that site but couldn't really get into it. I have heard from a lot of people who make a decent amount of money there, though.

4. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I don't do it religiously, but I will occasionally give a few songs a listen, and it adds up over time. Unlike other sites which I invest a lot of time in, I don't really get bored of slicethepie. I think that's good because the quality of my ratings are higher and I'm less likely to be removed for poor quality reviews.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think you posted this topic in the wrong section? What does Slice The Pie have to do with online shopping right? Anyway, I tried to check out that site, but I noticed that it only accepts US members. You can't even access the site if you're outside the US.

6. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    It's too confusing to rank up and too stingy when it comes to accepting reviews. I think it's pretty difficult to make money on. I've heard some people are more successful though. You have to write your reviews a certain way and include key words. I've never earned that much so I'm not sure what a good review would look like.

7. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I've only heard about the site as I'm not a US citizen. From what I've heard, it's rather good if you can stand some bad music sometimes. As for the pay, it kind of falls on how you view it actually. Some people enjoy music and doing this allows them to earn money while enjoying something they like so it's a win-win situation.

8. tspires2

tspires2Member

Threads:
    I have tried the site, It pays really quick once you hit the $10 amount. I don't really get board of it but yes it does take a little while to accumulate the funds for payout! I tend to use it here and there and just cash out when I can! Makes it less tiresome than trying to listen and rate just to cash out!

9. winsomenotions

winsomenotionsMember

Threads:
    I tried this site a few months ago but I quit pretty quick. It just wasn't worth the effort. I would spend a good few minutes on each review I wrote and probably ended up earning about $.05 for each one. I put a lot of work into it every time but maybe I wan't writing what they wanted. It didn't pay me enough for what I did, so I quit. Others I have talked to have had a pretty good experience with it and I heard it helps to rate songs from 5-7 stars for better payment.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It was just yesterday that I actually plucked up the courage to visit slicethepie. Browsing around the site I decided to take a look at their terms of service. I normally do that because such sites are always seeking out loopholes for defrauding those who've spent a lot of time on the site genuinely trying to make a little extra money doing what they like.

The T.O.S indicated that before payment they would read all your reviews then review you account for any 'suspicious' activity. Since 'suspicious' activity is too broad a term to be used to determine whether you get paid the ten bucks you've earned or not, instead if taking chances I suggest doing more rewarding stuff on the net.

My advice: unless you're learning how to review music, stay away from slicethepie. It's as scammy as any other GPT site.

11. mizzperdue

mizzperdueNew Member

Threads:
    I have been registered for about two weeks, I'm at $3.00 and wandering the same thing. How can I get more money?

12. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I'm surprised there are so many people who have had positive experiences with slicethepie. They completely scammed me when I was close to earning the full $10 which is needed to withdraw, they banned me from the site with no real reason as to why. I've heard they've done this to many people and I think it's a disgusting practice and company. It didn't use to be this way but I guess as time carried on they changed some of their business morals. I think if you are having good luck with it though, go for it. It just doesn't work for some people I suppose.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some of the suspicious activities they are talking about are copying and pasting reviews, or writing random words just so you can click 'submit" and cash out. The review has to make sense, be relevant to the song and not be copied from another website. There are people who try to avoid doing any work by submitting the same review for every song. That's why they have the anti cheat software that warns you if your reviews are too similar. Can you imagine what people would try to get away with if they didn't have some kind of quality control in place?

14. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I've always wanted to join SliceThePie, but unfortunately, it's not available in my country. Apparently only US Residents are allowed to join the site.

I really like the concept of the site. You basically get paid to listen to music, so in my case, I wouldn't gotten paid for doing what I wouldn't been doing in the first place. I like the idea and I really hope that one day, they'll allow international residents to be able to join the site as well.

15. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I think it depends on the songs. Most of the time it was pretty tiring for me. It sounds like a casual way to make money but I found myself really trying to pay attention to every part of the song and write as much as I could at the same time. If you get a really bad song it's easy to write a ton of stuff and criticize it but that's obviously not enjoyable. I think it's hard it's hard to write about the songs that are average because there's not that many good or bad things to write about. You also can't skip songs but you can wait a while and it will give you a new one. The amount you get paid for each review seems random. There was no way I could guess how much money my review would earn even though longer, higher quality ones are supposed to make more.

16. JuLovo

JuLovoNew Member

Threads:
    After my experience with Bubblews, I tried to avoid Slicethepie, despite the good ratings. I didn't want to be fooled into a potentially promising site, only to have my account terminated without any warning. (certainly burst my bubble with that..) But I decided to try it out for myself after reading this thread. Only reviewed one song, and so far, I'm very pleased with it. That one review netted me .13 cents. I'm not trying to get my hopes too high, though, since I don't want them to get crushed like Bubbs did..

I feel that way with Bubblews. People are on there making $15+ a day/post, while I only had my account for a few hours with three posts and it got deleted. I contacted them with no response. I just wanted at least "you violated rule 2" then ignore me, but just.. nothing. So I completely gave up on that site. I'm just hoping Slicethepie's support is much better in comparison.

17. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I have not been on the site but some reviews say that the site actually pay. The payout will depend on the rating that you have. I will be trying it soon when I get time but it seems to be legit. Those who are looking for work at home jobs can use it.

18. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I tried this site a long while ago and just couldn't get into it. It's not bad if you have the patience for it and are realistic about your expectations to begin with (simply put, you shouldn't be expecting to make very much doing this). Still, I just couldn't get into it enough to make myself stick around. It isn't a scam though, I just personally think it's a bit overrated.

19. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I signed up but then I couldn't log in. I thought that I made a mistake somewhere so I signed up a second time with another e-mail address but the same thing happened.
    I still don't know why they won't accept me. Perhaps because I am outside the USA? However, reading all the posts here makes me think that I am not missing much.

20. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I've actually bookmarked this site, but I've yet to create an account to start reviewing new music. My tips for using the site is to leave long reviews on a piece of music and use musical lingo and terminology in your written review of them.

Make your review constructive by giving your own tips and suggestions to make their music ever better. They'll welcome your ideas, good or bad, just aslong as you're not leaving hateful comments, and you come across as though you know what you're talking about, it's all good.

#20Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014