Mommy and Daddy Birthday Gifts

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by angelicagapit • Mar 4, 2014.

1. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    What can you suggest that I can give my parents during a special occasion?

What's a perfect give for mothers? And for fathers?

I want to know some affordable, yet meaningful gifts that I can get for them once a special occasion arises, such as their birthdays or anniversary.

Thank you, your suggestions will truly help! :)

2. emilyrose93

emilyrose93Member

Threads:
    It depends on what your parents interests are. Often a gift should be something that they wouldn't buy for themselves.

So for your father, something like a tie clip or cufflinks, a good bottle of Scotch, a box of good cigars.
    For your mother it might be flowers, a fluffy bath-robe, or a box of fancy chocolates. I think getting things engraved or personalised is really special, which you can do on cufflinks or a tie clip, or also on jewellery for your mother.
    If it's their anniversary, then a good bottle of wine and paying for them to have dinner together could be a nice idea. Anything that will encourage couples time and give them a break.

I really like to make cross-stitches as gifts. It's a little time-consuming, but very cheap, and you can personalise it and then put it in a frame, and it makes a great gift. I made one for my boyfriend for Valentines Day and he loved it.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It really depends on their likes and personality. For fathers, you can never go wrong with watches or shoes/clothes. With moms, of course the majority would love to receive bags, shoes and clothes. You should also know what their hobbies are to be able to give them a more personalized gift. Like my mom, she loves to cook,so any cooking equipment is very much welcome in her kitchen .

4. giftblooms

giftbloomsNew Member

Threads:
    Hi,
    I am sending some images of gifts for mom and dad.

[1]. Gifts for Mom

Spa Gift Basket
    mom1.

Flower Bouquet
    mom2.

Cookies Box
    mom3.

[2]. Gifts for Dad

Wine Basket
    dad1.

Best Perfume
    dad2.

5. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy my parents something they need since I know what that is, they're my parents after all :eek:

For my mother: things needed in the kitchen, books she likes to read, towels and the occasional flower (that she doesn't need but it's nice to give).
    For my father: certain tools, magazines, after shave.

Some of these were expensive, yes, but we talk about parents here.

6. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    I like to get my mum lovely treats. Like for her birthday I'm going to take her to have her nails done and a facial. I will also treat her to some perfume, make up or beauty product. I like to get things like this for her because she has never spent any money on herself for things like this. She would much rather provide things for us than treat herself to make up or beauty products :)

7. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    If you want something really creative and something that comes from the heart, you may consider making something. Whether this is a photo collage, a craft, or a pair of socks, it depends on your abilities and their interests!