What purchase have you regretted the most?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by caseyfacey • Mar 5, 2014.

1. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    Have there been any purchases you've made that you still regret to this day? Why do you regret it? Sometimes, I'll look through all the clothes that I've never worn or that I don't like anymore, and I just think, "How much money did all of this cost when added up?"

2. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a really expensive bag (over $800) just because I didn't think hard about it. It was very much in fashion and I was compelled to buy because of peer pressure, not because I really like the design or style of the bag. After just about 2 weeks, I started to regret my decision and tried to sell the bag. Unfortunately, I realized that the value quickly diminishes and if I sell it, I won't be able to get the full amount that I spent for it. It's really a bad decision and I should have thought more about it before doing it.

3. samjane

samjaneNew Member

Threads:
    Once I bought a gold bracelet in jewelry store. The saleslady told me that it has a real gold and since I don't know yet how to identify real gold that time, I bought the bracelet in lower price believing that I was given sort of discounts. After one month, I discovered that the bracelet is fake. I should have bought other stuffs from that money.

4. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    It`s an expensive suit, that I bought especially for the wedding of a friend. I spent 300EURO on it and wore it only once, since I wasn`t interested anymore in the classical black design. From that moment, I look for cheaper suits, in more optimistic colors, don`t expect to see a man dressed in red, but a dark blue or brown is more attractive than black:D

5. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Headphones. I used to be very picky about them and I bought too many different kinds in the past.
    Computers and computer parts. I feel guilty about these because they're expensive. I have bought parts when I didn't need to but I wanted better performance.
    Games and systems. I feel guilty about past and recent purchases of these items. I've bought too many games that just weren't that good so I have a library of games that I don't play. I feel bad about some handheld systems too like the PSP which, I bought long ago but I never put it to good use.
    I feel bad about most things that I don't use extensively or make good use of. So probably most things I have.

6. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    The purchase that i regret most is a 42 inch computer monitor. At the time i had no idea that i could just connect my computer to my High Definition TV if i wanted a bigger screen. It was a waste of $300. I bought it second had so i couldn't get a refund.

7. Infamouz

InfamouzNew Member

Threads:
    I bought this LG Television from Wal-Mart because I thought I was getting a deal. I spent $299 and realized that the television was on sale because there was a new model coming out the next month with way better features for only $100 more. The new television even included 3-D capabilities and for only an extra $100, I would have preferred to purchase that one. I would have used it to replace my living room television instead of buying this one to replace my bedroom television.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The purchase I regretted the most wasn't even too expensive. I regretted it because I tried to save up some money, so I ended up getting a vacuum cleaner from an awful brand with really bad quality and low potency. It broke in 6 months, and even if it was still on warranty, I gave up and bought a new one. All the trouble I would have sending it back to get it fixed wouldn't be worth it, and as I know the product sucked I didn't even want it fixed! That goes to show spending a bit more on a quality product is worth it!

9. emilyrose93

emilyrose93Member

Threads:
    I regret a lot of clothing purchases as well. I shop online a lot and I always seem to order things a little too small! So I have a whole closet of gorgeous clothes that are too small for me. And trying to re-sell clothes is a nightmare and not worth it at all. I am trying to lose weight just so I can fit back into them!

One purchase I regret is my Alienware laptop. It cost about $1700 but it wasn't worth it - I should have done more research but I was impressed by the brand and wanted one. It is three years old now and I really need to buy a new laptop sometime soon. The keyboard on this one doesn't work very well now and it overheats easily, but I can't imagine where I will get the money for it.

I also regret buying a Kindle, because I never use it! I have the Kindle app on my iPhone and that works perfectly, so I don't know why I felt the need to go out and buy an actual Kindle as well.

I make a lot of silly impulse purchases :(

10. Manny

MannyMember

Threads:
    I haven't regretted a purchase since I was much younger. Years ago I won 100$ on a scratch ticket. Being a kid at the time, I promptly spent the money on a video game costing me 80$. I don't think I ended up playing the game for more than a couple hours..

11. erikao1o

erikao1oMember

Threads:
    I'm really lucky in that I've never made a huge purchase that I've regretted. I find that before I purchase anything major, I tend to do a lot of research and shop around. I have made some poor purchases when it comes to clothing and shoes though. I tend to love the way something looks in the store, and then sometimes I never wear the thing again! Shoes are the worst, in that you can't tell at first how comfortable and uncomfortable they will be.

12. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a Macbook on eBay and it reached me in the worst condition ever. The way the seller had described it was just something else different. I tried to contact the seller but he never replied. I had spent so much on buying the Mac and wished it was something I could feel it was worth spending on it but that never happened.

13. Mafdet

MafdetMember

Threads:
    Well I buy a lot of clothes and sometimes when I take them on for the first time, they seem like a good deal. But then I get home, wear them for a couple of times and usually find they are too large. i'm not sure how that happens, but it does. I'm lucky I have a roommate whose size is a bit larger than mine and every item that doesn't fit me, fits her. So I guess I don't regret the purchase that much.

14. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I regret getting our kids the Xbox 360. The Christmas before last, about a month before actually our Wii quit working. After looking around, I decided to get them an Xbox 360, it seemed to have the most features and I loved the fact that they could watch Netflix on it and get other apps also. What the box didn't say was that you had to pay an additional monthly fee to access those apps. Also, the games are really limited. We don't have the Kinnect thing because we just don't have the room or space for the kids to move around a lot right now. But other than the Skylanders and Disney Infinite, I can't find any game for my daughter. She is only 5 and loves "girl games" and well, Xbox just doesn't seem to have a big variety. I really wish we would have either bought another Wii or spent a little more and got a PlayStation.

15. Meowmie

MeowmieMember

Threads:
    My husband's motorcycle. I worry about him while he's on it.. they call them donor cycles for a reason. I know he is a responsible driver but that's not going to matter when a car cuts him off.

Does it count if I didn't actually do the purchasing? LOL

16. victor

victorNew Member

Threads:
    My recent purchase that i hate and think i never did is buying a second hand blackberry bold 4 only to discover that one of the key pads ain't working, which is the space key and when i gave it back to the guy that sold it to me, he told me it was working when he gave me which i know is a big lie but i never checked it very well so i had no choice that to carry my cross i felt so bad.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Before writing the XBox 360 off as a bad decision, you should go on the XBox Live Arcade and consider downloading some games for your kid. Ilomilo and Stacking are two really cute games that you can download to your XBox 360. Yes it does cost a little money to download from XBox Live Arcade, but it's still cheaper than buying disc based games and you don't need a paid Xbox Live membership to access the Arcade.

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah come to think of it, the money that I spent on clothes was large enough to be spent to buy another gadget. But if I resell the clothes that I only used once or twice, then the resale value of it is gonna be low. I think that aside from the money that I unnecessarily spent on clothes, I think that the money that I spent on a brand new smartphone that only lasted for 8 months was the purchase that I currently regret the most, since I can't replace it since it was bought online and the motherboard is broken.

19. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    Haha, probably an assortment of University textbooks that I never read to begin with. I smartened up part way through post secondary and just borrowed books from the library -- mind you they were slightly older editions.
    Now in terms of my worst item purchase, I'd probably have to say a diamond ring I purchased for a girl I was dating. Of course, it was great at the time and all, but when a relationship ends you realize you really dropped quite a few bucks down the drain.

Partial joke, but I always say that the only time I make money is when I'm single, lol.

20. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I'm always looking to up my writing game since this is how I make a living. I'm returning to school in a few days but I chose to take an expensive online writing course through Writer's Digest. It is a genre where I have some experience but I feel like I'm not being challenged in any way. I've seen similar classes at places that cost much less but that's still not saying much when trying to make an investment in self.