Do not get the android i-rola!

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Earthmama1 • Mar 5, 2014.

1. Earthmama1

Earthmama1Member

Threads:
    I recently purchased an Android i-rola because it was so cheap. I have been wanting to get a tablet for awhile now but have not have the extra money for one. I was on Amazon searching through some things and came across a tablet called i-rola. It was only $60! So I figured what the heck this is probably the cheapest tablet I am going to find and purchased it. Well come to find out yes, it was too good to be true as I thought it might be. It runs so slow, it takes 5-6 mins just to turn on! After it is on it takes another 3 mins or so for you to be able to actually go on the internet, as it is loading up. Also the touch screen is not that great even with the st pen it comes with. The battery life is only maximum 2 hours, that is horrible, and the camera is webcam quality very gritty. So all in all I am very dissapointed but it was $60 so you can't expect much. This might be good for a young child or a teen that looses things easily, but not for your everyday internet functions. So be aware and dont buy for the cheap price, sometimes more expensive is the way to go. You get what you pay for.

2. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I think something wrong is to be expected when something comes off as too cheap. Since it's a tablet that is on sale, the price of $60 spells too good to be true all over it. Besides, never heard of such a model called i-rola and that should have been the second warning. Anyway, is there a return policy so that you can get a refund since it's so bad.

3. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    Well even without buying it you should be able to see the issues with it. Any tablet with less than 1GB of RAM is going to be an absolute pain to use. Also it only has a 4GB ROM, meaning there won't be space for much of anything when it's formatted and the OS has it's share. The screen resolution is terrible, especially for a tablet that big it gets noticeable quite fast. In short, just from looking at it, it's quite obvious that it's a piece of junk.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The fact of the matter is that the only sub-$100 tablet worth using is the Kindle Fire HD6, and that's a fact. Besides that one, these devices don't start resembling anything of quality or performance until the price gets above $100. The closer you get to $200, the better the options you'll be able to find. Most devices past the $200 mark are great devices, although not everyone wants to spend that much on a tablet.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't expect much with a cheap tablet. If you're used to Apple or Samsung tablets then shift to the much cheaper ones, you'll immediately notice the difference.
    Will I buy a cheap tablet? Probably not. I want my gadgets to be of high quality. I don't have a lot of money. But I cannot tolerate electronic devices that don't fit my standards.

IMO, even though the price is cheaper, it would still be more costly in the long run. You'll probably need to have it repaired a couple of times then after a short period, it would no longer function. If you purchase a high quality device, you won't need to spend a lot on these.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, you get what you pay for.. No wonder it is crappy, first, it's cheap. Second, the brand is unknown. You should have known better that cheap unknown brands are always of poor quality. That's why I'd rather buy a 2nd hand CPU than a tablet with a budget of $60 to $75. At least I know it will perform better.

#6Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014