If you had all fast food spots available, where would you go?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Lostvalleyguy • Mar 5, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    The only major fast food place nearby is a McDonalds. There are several sushi places nearby as well. If I had other options, I could go there, or at least mix it up a bit. I don't eat out a lot anyhow, but would like options.

I would hit subway if it were convenient. Where would you choose to go - if it is for fast food in a major chain?

2. IndianapolisJones

IndianapolisJonesNew Member

Threads:
    Have you ever heard of Raising Cane's? It's a chicken joint that's got a really excellent complimentary dipping sauce (plus their bread is really good!). Does Chipotle count as fast food? If it does, then that's also on my list.

My guilty pleasure is Taco Bell. I know it's terrible for my health and whatnot but come on, it feels good to indulge in the occasional Doritos Locos Taco. And when I say the occasional taco, I mean one of their taco twelve packs.

3. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    In N Out. I think they're overrated but I don't know any other major burger places. Perhaps Jack In The Box. Haven't been there in a while though. I do not eat at enough fast food places to make burger comparisons.

4. erikao1o

erikao1oMember

Threads:
    I try to avoid fast food, but I have to admit that sometimes it's definitely a guilty pleasure! My favourite fast food place is probably Arby's, which I know is kinda weird as a lot of people really don't enjoy the food at Arby's. I love their curly fries and their roast beef sandwiches, some of the locations have their French Dip sandwich which is ridiculously amazing. I mean who doesn't love a sandwich that you can dip in gravy?!

5. DankAllen

DankAllenBanned

Threads:
    If I had the opportunity to bring any chain to my area, it would be Church's Chicken. There used to be one in my town and they left without a warning. Now the closest one is about twenty five minutes. I was devastated.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We used to have Jack in the Box nearby but unfortunately not enough people went to it and it eventually closed down. I find that highly unfortunate because I love their burgers, especially their barbecue bacon one, and I'd definitely love to eat it again and wish they would come back but I'm skeptical that would happen. Another favorite of mine is White Castle, but this one we never even had and I only got to taste the copycat restaurants of it and a few times when my friends brought me some. If these were somehow available again in my area, I'd go there very often.

7. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    In no particular order - The Habit, In and Out, Chipotle, Boston Market, and Togo's

Trying to eat at home more often for health reasons but sometimes we all need a break from the kitchen. Or at least a little indulgence...topped with bacon!;)

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never go to fast food places. I was only ever once at McDonalds, and that was 15 years ago. A friend dragged me there for breakfast. It was bad. I also can't abide Subway. There is something about their trademark smell that makes me feel sick. I can detect it from far away, and like to make a big circle around it. As for all the others, KFC, Red Rooster, etc. I don't even give them a second glance.

9. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    It wouldn't make me a lick of difference which ones are nearby, but if I have to pick, I would have to say all you can eat buffet. You can never go wrong when you can choose a variety of foods at one place and eat unlimited.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I had every single fast food joint available to me? Every single one? Within walking distance? All right there, ready for me to choose which one I want over all the others? Are they all in one building or side by side, because side by side could make it quite a hike to get to the ones at the end of the street.. there are a LOT of fast food joints out there. Anyway.. my choice would be to cross the street and have a picnic with my own food.

11. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    Every single one? Oh many that would be so hard. Let me see...can I pick more than one? My list would be: White Castles, Krispy Kreme, Arby's, Monacles, Zaxby's, Braums, and Diamond Back. Yum, yum, yum, I'd be in trouble though. I'd gain like 10 pounds!

12. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The key word being "fast" food. If I am in a hurry, either because I only have a limited amount of time, or maybe I am just starving and need something to eat immediately, then I would avoid any fast food places which tend to be really slow. For some reason, places like Burger King and McDonalds always seem to be incredibly slow. It's not only the lethargic employees, but also the neurotic customers that get in the drive thru lanes and purposefully take their good old time and cause them to get really backed up.

One of the reasons I love places like Jimmy Johns is that they train their employees to keep the lines moving. They have a sense of urgency when taking your order, and they don't let people hem haw around and stall when ordering. By the time you get up to the register, you better know what the hell it is you are getting, and have your money or credit card ready to go.

I used to like Chik-Fil-A as well, because their service and food were good, but unfortunately can no longer support them due to their opposition of equal rights.

I love Wendy's burgers, but I really wish they would bring their old french fries back - I don't like the new ones.

13. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I would go to Burger King.

I like their burgers more than McDonald's. They have fresher ingredients on top of them. Also, they have more variety. So, you have a bigger selection. The other thing I like about Burger King is their discounts. Every so often, I get a flyer or booklet with deals. You usually can get a smoothie for free and a bunch to two for one deals great for family and friends.

This is what I mean.
    burger-king-coupons.

14. Kendra70422

Kendra70422New Member

Threads:
    I know there are a lot of Fast Food Restaurants but I would most definately go to Checkers, its a restaurant in places such as Atlanta and Jacksonville, NC. It is not in Raleigh, where I live which is a dissapointment but if I was to go to Atlanta I would most likely pick me up a bite to eat. I love their Chili Burgers and French Fries, they are so good and I like to add a soft drink with every meal I get. I love Checkers so much and it will always be one of my favorites.

15. rgrimes

rgrimesNew Member

Threads:
    I would definitely go to a Subway. The sandwich's are very nice and I'm sure the sandwich would be more healthy than a trip to Mcdonalds.

16. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    If we are talking about fast food in terms of McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's etc. (not including Subway, Chipotle, Panera, etc.) I would go with Taco Bell and Burger King a close second. I know a lot of people hate Taco Bell but I like it. I don't really like to think about how they make it and tend to only order vegetarian items but if I see a Taco Bell I have to restrain myself from heading in.

17. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    Taco Bell or Checkers. I can eat like $15 bucks of Taco Bell by myself when I've been drinking. I don't ever do it anymore really but it's still my favorite. If I was at checkers I would definitely be ordering a mushroom Swiss burger and fries. Those things are pretty killer!

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd want to try the places that I don't have locally, like Jack in the Box , In N Out Burger and Fattburger. I've also never been to Sonic.

19. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually like Burger King because they do vegetarian options and also kids meals, which I buy if I only want something small and not to spend too much. They do a veggie kids meal too and i like their onion rings as well.

Their breakfast is also cheap and is freshly made so for me it's a better choice than McDonalds, but Dunkin Donuts is also good as they serve the patties all day, but aren't as fresh.

20. lemony

lemonyMember

Threads:
    When I eat out, it would be in a proper restaurant with family and friends, otherwise I actually prefer making my own meals at home especially if alone. Although, if I were to choose a fast food spot due to money and time constraints, I would opt to go to McDonald's or Subway.

I would go to McDonald's and purchase something off their Dollar Menu. I wouldn't really spend and indulge on the burgers they sell there, just maybe something to consume and get rid of the hunger. If my budget would allow it nowadays (during this time when I am out of options but to buy from fast food), I'd go to Subway. Right now, they actually have what they call "Holiday Customer Appreciation", which allows a customer to buy a 6" Cold Cut Combo and 6" Meatball Marinara for just $2 each.

#20Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014