Is there a good money making app?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Hickorycottage • Apr 30, 2012.

1. Hickorycottage

HickorycottageMember

Threads:
    Hi I was wondering if any of you make money with an app in your smartphone. I have used App Trailers, Gigwalk, survey apps, and another ap like Gigwalk, but I can't remember the name. None of them would enable you to quit your day job, and most of them don't work. Have any if you found a great money making app? If so, do you care to tell us about it?

2. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    Apptrailers is the only one I've heard of. It's just really easy money imo. I make at least 10-20$ extra a month, so it's not that bad. Whenever I do something I make sure to keep it nearby so I can constantly tap "Watch Video" It's a hassle, but it's extra money for very little effort, so I can't complain that much. lol

3. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    Swagbucks TV Mobile for Android, will get you 50 Swagbucks a day, which translates to 50c if you are a member of their site. Thats the only one I know, and use.

4. Hickorycottage

HickorycottageMember

Threads:
    Thanks, folks! So Swagbucks has an app? I've been avoiding it like the plague because of all the junk the web pages have on them, but since there is an app.....

5. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I downloaded Apptrailers yesterday, and I couldn't get it to work. I didn't see any jobs available, am I doing something wrong?

6. Zamora91

Zamora91Member

Threads:
    Try Jingit as it's a bar scanning and ad watching program. They have an app you download after you sign up. In order to use the money you earn, you have to take out a Jingit Debit card which is done through US Bank. There are no fees if you're just a regular user in the United States except for the initial $2.00 fee that you need to earn to apply for the card. Once you have your account set up, download the app. There's good reward prices for scanning the items. You have to scan them at a Walmart though. The ones that have shown up for me ranged from $0.50 to $2.00.

If you decide to sign up, go to Walmart's website and constantly refresh the front page till you see a Jingit ad. Click it and you'll get ads to earn money from.

7. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    Can someone explain how Apptrailers works? And would it just work on a smartphone, or could it be used on something like a Kindle Fire or an Ipod Touch?

8. Zamora91

Zamora91Member

Threads:
    AppTrailers is an app that promotes other apps and is available on Android and iOS (including iPods and iPads). I'm not sure if it's available on Kindle. You get paid about .005 to .01 cents per trailer you watch. Some of those trailers offer a download and you usually get .10 to .20 cents for downloading the app. The trailers that pay .005 cents can be watched over and over again. It pays through PayPal when you reach 150 points which is .15 cents. You can also use those points to redeem gift cards or play a scratch game to win more points.

Also you get 50 points for using a referral, so if you download the app, you can use my account as a referral: zamora91

#8May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  9. MasterProX

MasterProXMember

Threads:
    I got banned from App Trailers a while ago for no reason. I used to be getting like $5 a day, too (don't ask). :(

The app I use now to occasionally get money is JunoWallet, and I can download a list of apps that slowly grows over time and get $0.16 for each app I download.

10. Zamora91

Zamora91Member

Threads:
    Another good app is ShopKick. With this app you go into local stores and scan bar codes. It's pretty fun but only pays out in gift cards and shows all the store sales.

If you use this link, we both get 50 ShopKick points:

11. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    App Trailers is fine for a little pocket money. You are essentially doing nothing, just watching trailers for apps.

I believe you get a little extra change, if you actually try the app. Nothing crazy in terms of the money, but better than nothing!

12. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    This looks like it has potential. So how do I get started with making apps? What's the basic knowledge that I need? Is there some utility to make the process easier?

13. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    If I not mistaken, I heard that there is now an app to rate music on slice the pie on your smart phone. It does not pay much but you can make about 15 to 20 cents per rating...and you can do it while you are bored or at the store, or have some extra time on your hands?

I don't know. Just putting it out there...

14. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use many money earning apps, seem most are for iphone and not Android. But I have tried WeReward, it a check in app. And if I had an iphone I would be all over Viggle...you get paid for checking in to tv shows (I think its gift card only, but they might have paypal.)

15. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Try AppRedeem! I tried it on my Android and make about 3 USD with it. It just takes a while... but it's very limited and buggy, though! You just need to download apps, write a comment about it (I typed "lol" in every comment because a review wasn't worth it). You need a verified PayPal account, by the way.

16. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I definitely can say Jingit is a very good app to make $10 dollars a week. I hate that once you hit $10 for the week, you can't make more until the new week. You should try it is legit I make $50 a month through Jingit, it's so easy to do. But I don't use the app, I just use my computer all the time. But I do have the app, I am just on my telephone more.

17. anniep1978

anniep1978New Member

Threads:
    AppTrailer is the best that I have found yet! Good luck!

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is App Trailer available for all countries? I read the FAQ in Jingit, and it's only available for US residents. I prefer apps that accept people from all countries since I'm from Asia.

19. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I'm using an app right now called Viggle. It's one of the easiest ways to earn giftcards I've seen. All you do is open the app while a show is on and check in. You don't even have to watch the show and you don't have to keep the app open. When the show ends, you do need to check into another show to earn more points, but that's it. The best way to use it is to check into long running shows. There are also daily bonuses and videos for for extra points. There is a huge thread about it on Slickdeals.net.

20. koelha10

koelha10Member

Threads:
    iPoll is also an option. It works at times and goes down often. They are still working on the app (I hope) to make it more user friendly, but over all it isn't terrible. I'm going to have to check out some of the other apps that were mentioned as I haven't really heard much about any of those. It seems apps the generate actual money seem to be the best kept secret of the app store.