Are receipt sweepstakes real?

Discussion in Contests & Sweepstakes started by randee555 • Mar 6, 2014.

1. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    Every time I get a receipt at my local stores there are always sweepstakes at the bottom. They claim you can win a $1,000 if your name is drawn by just taking a quick survey online. I have entered a few but I've never heard of anyone anywhere ever winning these. I don't want to bother entering if it's not a legit sweepstakes. Do you know of anyone who has won or have you won before?

2. erikao1o

erikao1oMember

Threads:
    Yup they are definitely real. I used to work for a movie theatre and we had a sweepstakes like that where you could win movies for two for a year. Someone that came into my theatre actually ended up winning it, even though it was a nation wide contest! We also had smaller sweepstakes where you could only win two free movie tickets. Those contests were offered by only our cinema. I saw my manager randomly choosing the surveys to give the tickets too and mailing the free tickets out!

3. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I had a friend who did nothing for a while but enter every sweepstakes she came across. She actually won quite a few things. I would say the survey ones may be better, since most people may not take the time to do them.

4. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I think so. I've never won or known anyone that did, but I would imagine that at least most of them are eral.

5. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    They are real but your expected return on investment would be lower than doing a survey online. There will likely be 10,000 entrants for the $1,000 prize, so you are really doing the survey for $0.10.

6. ttchoubs

ttchoubsNew Member

Threads:
    I personally haven't heard of anyone winning, but with how much the companies benefit off of surveys, it would make sense that the contests are real. Companies usually pay for people to take surveys, so the option of a contest seems pretty plausible.

7. Magicman94

Magicman94Member

Threads:
    Although I've never won or even taken any of these, I believe they're real. I always see one on the bottom of my bank receipts. It doesn't make sense that a large company would rip people off like that, especially since they're getting valuable feedback for very cheap.

8. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    Everyone has a survey on their receipt these days. I wonder if they are real too.. If so, not many enter so I have a higher chance of winning. However, just like rebates I never get money from those so called sweepstakes . If anyone's ever won please speak up.

9. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I'm sure somebody is winning the receipt sweepstakes, but it sure isn't me. My friend keeps giving me these receipts like he's doing me a favor, but I end up tossing them. If I'm going to spend my time on a survey, I would rather get something for it, even something small. Subway gives you free cookies for doing their surveys. Every now and again, Denny's will give you a free breakfast item for doing their's.

10. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I have never won on them, but I only recently started to fill out the surveys. Walmart does them and I only entered it once out of all the times I have shopped there :) Maybe that once will be the lucky time! With my luck, probably not. I think the drawing is at the end of April.

I would guess that stores like Walmart do have legitimate prizes as they are big, trusted and have a reputation to uphold. Tho I don't agree with all of their business practices, I am sure that they are not making up the drawings.

If you read through the terms and conditions on some surveys (if provided and the terms for the prizes should be provided somewhere), you will probably see the outside company that randomly selects the winner and notifies potential winners.

11. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    My ex-roommate got several free chicken dinners from participating in these. All he had to do was call a toll-free number and answer a few questions. The only catch was that it was limited to one person per household and that winnings could not be claimed more than once in a 30-day period

12. J3NN4

J3NN4Member

Threads:
    I cant speak for the ones that say you'll win $10,000 if you enter or not, since I never actually enter those. I have entered some that say you'll win free food for a specific amount of time, or that you'll win some small prize. Most of these sweepstakes are happening all over the country, so if you don't hear about a winner, it's probably because you don't live close enough to know about it happening.

I've won free Frosty's from Wendy's for six months, and I won $25 from Taco Bell. My friend also won a PS4 from Taco Bell back when they were doing that, so I do know that was legit.

13. 7zer0z

7zer0zBanned

Threads:
    They're definitely legit. I've entered a few and never won anything. However, I know a few people who have won from them.

14. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've entered a few of those wishing I would win for once but never did lol. Especially when they publish the name of the most recent winner it ups your hopes. Sometimes I wonder if those published names are just made up and are not really for real.