Do you buy clothes online?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by kate23 • Mar 7, 2014.

1. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    Clothes are always one thing I'm a bit hesitant to buy online, I'm worried about getting the size wrong and it not fitting. I prefer buying clothes at real stores so I can try them on first, or at least easily return them should they not fit.

I do still buy clothes online when I see a good sale but that's not very often considering I don't shop for clothes a lot.

2. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    No I don't, unless I am buying a gift fpr someone so it can be delivered straight to their address. In fact to be honest I rarely buy anything online at all. It's not even as if I love shopping because they never seem to have what I want when I have the money but when I don't I see loads.

I do think shopping online takes the fun out of it tho. I like to carry all my bags home and get excited about what I have bought and do a little catwalk show with my best friend, while she accessorizes all my outfits. :)

3. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    I`m hesitant too, since most of the times not even slim fit would be ok for me, unless I try it in a physical store. What I buy online are the accessories, such as scarfes, caps, gloves, belts. I know for sure I won`t be wrong about them:D

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only buy clothes online when I'm buying an item that I can't find locally at all, like a Japanese rock band t shirt. Apart from that, I try to avoid buying clothes online because there's no way to predict if they'll fit or not. An Asian size medium is an American size small, so if you buy something online, especially from one of those awesome Asian fashion sites, you risk having it not fit. Even when I buy the Japanese rock band shirts, I buy a larger size than I need, just to be on the safe side.

5. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I will purchase some clothing online, but only items that I am sure will fit. If it is something like a T-Shirt or socks, I feel pretty cafe in ordering the correct size. Other items I might buy would be things that I have bought in a real store previously and am replacing. I already know the size I need so I just want newer. This works well for an item like Jeans as I often see them on sale, but have trouble getting my size (normal size not tiny or huge) in the store.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    All the time! I used to be hesitant just like you to buy clothes online, but after I started buying them and they started working out and fitting well I started buying the more and more. I still don't buy stuff like pants, jeans and fitted dresses. b
    But you can usually find sweaters shirts and blouses that easily fit you. Plus, you should always buy at stores that have a good return policy, stores like Forever 21 even allow you to buy online and exchange in the store if they don't fit. Thats so easy! You should try and get some clothes and see how that works.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I will buy shirts online, but not jeans, because jeans I have to try on in order to get the right sizes, but shirts are a lot easier to guess with. I'll buy underwear online, but can only really buy bras online if it's a brand or style I'm already familiar with or the size just won't be right with them either. Socks and accessories are fair game.

8. Mercvry

MercvryBanned

Threads:
    I love buying clothes online. Can find a lot of brands/styles you don't normally find. I'd say 70% of the clothes I buy is online. That's just me.

9. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't. I tried it a few times but always ended up sending them back. There is too much variety in size. A size 10 in one country is a size 12 in another. For example here in Australia I have to buy smaller sizes than I buy in Europe. It's the same with shoes. Also I have been offended by the smell of dyes, even though they claimed it was all natural. Perhaps the material was, but the dye definitely wasn't. So I stick to buying my clothes locally where I can feel them and put them on straight away.

10. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer not to buy my clothes online. In most cases they will come not as expected. Sometimes you can get clothes that do not fit or simply poor quality. I just visit a store in my area and choose some great collection for myself. With that I avoid all the inconveniences of online transactions.

11. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I only tried it one time. They had a great deal on leggings and so I bought just one pair to make sure they were the right size and as advertised. Sadly, they were not. What I ended up getting was a pair of tights without the feet. It could just be how I see leggings as more stretchy type pants but these were completely see through and I was not at all happy. The price of the return shipping wouldn't be worth returning them. I haven't bought anything more from that company and I am pretty leery about trying to buy online again, well, for clothes anyway.

12. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I like to buy my clothes online. This is due to the reason that its very convenient and there is a lot of variety available on the e-stores then the brick and mortar stores. I'll accept the fact that I have faced some issues sometimes with regards to size and fitting of certain clothes but nowadays most websites have a no-frills returns policy, so I have always been able to get those products replaced.

13. Chia

ChiaMember

Threads:
    The only thing I buy online is hats. I like to see the cloths in person to see what they actually look like and make sure they are the right size. I have found that sizes differ with different manufacturers.

14. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    The only time I've considered buying clothes online is when I can't find a certain T-shirt from a sports team or athlete. I recently went online to order a T-shirt from my favorite basketball team and I was a little hesitant because it was my first time purchasing clothing online, but thankfully after placing my order and receiving it when I tried it on it fit perfect. I was so happy about it that I even ordered another T-shirt. However I did end up being unsatisfied with my second order because the T-shirt ended up being too big even though it was the same size as the last one. I ende up giving it to my husband and it did fit him so at least it didn't go to waste. Despite all that I still ordered another shirt and this time it did fit. I am pretty sure this won't be my last time ordering online.

15. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    When it comes to buying clothes for the kids, I will occasionally buy those online. However, when it comes to buying clothes for myself, I will never buy them online. The reason that I don't buy my own clothes online is because of the fact that I have a very strangely shaped body and I typically need to try on all things before I buy them.

16. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    Yes i guess buying clothing online is fun i mean when its about getting better in a way and at the same time you get to see a lot of range on your screen and that feels great so yeah keep it this way.

17. streakanime

streakanimeMember

Threads:
    I buy clothing online because clothing stores in the area have not really given me a choice. Fashion Bug was one of the few stores that carried bigger sizes near me and they closed up shop! I'm a big girl and I need plus size clothing. Walmart and some other places have small sections of plus size clothes. But, they get picked at pretty quickly. It is just easier to shop online. I have a wider selection. The only downside is not getting to try stuff on. So, I just shop from places where I could return it if I needed to.

18. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    These days I keep my clothes shopping exclusively to shirts online. My pants size vary wildly from brand to brand, and as a result I have to actually see them in person and try them on to get a feel for the fit. Shirts aren't a problem for me. I've practically been the same size since I was in high school, and most shirts are the same size across the board. A large to one brand is going to be a large in another.

19. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I think that buying clothes online is risky business. I am very particular about my styl and the way that i am presented and so i would like the opportunity to try out the clothes that i am buying and see how it suits me. I think that there is really no other way to do this. Clothes vary too much in the way that they are made and so it is really hard to determine what is what from reading a number. It often happens to me that one shirt of a specific size fits me well and another shirt of the same size wont even do a thing for me. It is rather strange but that is the world that we live in.

20. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I find it to be easy to buy clothing online. People like to think it's a risk. I don't think it is much of a risk.

why?

I look for "measurements" when shopping online. Most online stores offer exact measurements, so you know if the clothes will fit you. I like a tight fit. Fitted clothing looks good. Ever wonder why celebrities always look good? Because their clothing fits their body properly.

I've had success over and over shopping online. Only once was I not happy with the jeans that I bought. Overall it's been great.