Would you trust a compliant site that marketed a paypal "alternative"?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by Esperahol • Mar 10, 2014.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Recently I ran across a Paypal complaint site that also "just happens" to offer an alternative to PayPal on their site. Now, while I'm sure at least some of their members have legitimate beefs with PayPal... it just seems rather odd that a site with a PayPal alternative would also be so harsh against the company. It also doesn't help that a lot of the accounts of being gipped on there seem to be... rather iffy. But maybe I've just grown too cynical in my dodderage. Opinions? Comments? Horror stories?

2. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I have used Skrill before, but other than that I would generally be hesitant. I would avoid if possible, but if there was no other option I would judge it on a case by case basis. I can vouch for Skrill, but I would like to hear more about others as well as I see them come up occasionally. Does anyone have experience with Payza?

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Here are a few things you need to know about payza:

1. It's not available in many countries.
    2. They charge very high fees for transactions.
    $25 to withdraw to their debit card/transfer to your bank account. Compare it to against $0 for U.S withdrawals.
    3. Poor customer support.
    4. Last year in November the Dept. of Homeland Security seized all U.S payza funds which implies that Uncle Sam doesn't like payza.

4. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    It looks like that site is just a way to advertise the "alternative to Paypal", they just cover as a Paypal complaints site in order to attract people who are specifically dissatisfied with Paypal.
    It seems like a shady way to attract attention to your service, I definitely wouldn't trust them.

5. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    No way, no how. As much as PayPal annoys me sometimes, it's also been a trusted company for a long time. The other alternatives always seem extremely shady, so I don't trust them at all.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I hadn't heard about any of this. I don't use Payza very often at all, but I did have an account, so I went to log in to see how much money I still had sitting there. Instead, this is the message I got:

"Due to circumstances beyond our control, Payza’s account platform is no longer accessible to members in the United States. Therefore, you cannot add, send or receive funds to or from your account. "

Ugh, that sucks! That means the money that I did have in Payza is no longer accessible at all!!