Sites that take second-hand kid toys/clothes?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Esperahol • Mar 10, 2014.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I've come across a few of these lately and I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about these sorts of things. I know one of them will send you a box, but they will charge a holding fee of 4.95 until you send the box back to them. That seems a bit odd to me personally. Then of course, there is another one that will send you a mailing label so that shipping is free, but they're new enough that there simply aren't enough reviews on them at all. So yeah, the littlest one is getting bigger everyday but she has a ton of clothes that are in good shape and I want to sell them. So help me out?

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of an online site where you can sell your kids clothes to a company. Your best bet is to probably try ebay. The one site I do know about that is a brick and mortar store called "once upon a child," where you just walk in with your kids gently used clothes and they'll give you money on the spot.

3. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    You can probably try Ebay or Amazon to sell the items. Craigslist is also a good site to post second hand stuff. There is also a site called Listia, it is sort of like Ebay except you do not pay with cash, you pay with points.

4. jellybean

jellybeanMember

Threads:
    I'm trying one out right now called Kindermint. They only take things that are like new and from higher end companies, and I was a bit surprised how big the bag was when it arrived. They did charge the $4.95 holding fee. I'm trying to go through my children's clothes right now to see what I think will qualify. The good thing is the clothes they don't accept they donate and then give you the receipt for tax purposes. So either way you will get a benefit. Supposedly local consignment shops are a good way to resell children's clothes, but I haven't tried that out yet, though it may be next.

5. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I was looking at the Kindermint website as a buyer. I found the prices to be pretty high. They also seem to start at 12 months, so it's not a good place to sell little baby clothes, I suppose. I've done the best from selling a big bag of clothes on Craigslist.