Double Stuffed Oreos or regular?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Earthmama1 • Mar 12, 2014.

1. Earthmama1

Earthmama1Member

Threads:
    I bought the double stuffed oreos thinking they would be better but I think they are too sugar-y. The white filling is almost crunchy because of the sugar. I might be going crazy but this is what I think. Have any of you felt this way? If anything they should make the actual cookie part thicker thats the best part to me. In the end I gave them to my brother. He is awful with sugar I knew he would like them lol.

2. winsomenotions

winsomenotionsMember

Threads:
    Like you, I prefer regular Oreos. Double stuff are way too sweet, and I love sweet foods. I agree about the texture! It seems really think and kind of crunchy and sticks in my mouth. Double stuff were a huge disappointment to me. I like some of the other new stuff Oreo has come up with like birthday cake Oreos. They sound weird but they're delicious. Trust me.

3. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    Regular Oreos are fine for me. They're probably the most perfect creations of all time and I don't think the product needs any tweeking.

Double stuffed Oreos are probably delicious as hell, but I think Oreos are perfect just the way it is.

Regular oreos will always be my favorite cookies!

4. Manny

MannyMember

Threads:
    I'm not a big fan of Oreos, but I actually prefer the regular type. I don't like the sugary middle as much as the chocolate cookie. The double-stuff variety are simply too sweet for me.

5. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I think double stuffed is too sugary too. I also don't like the filling that much. I think the cookie part tastes better but oreos are too sugary to me in general. Apparently they have sugar free oreos but that doesn't sound too good. I like the kind with chocolate filling a little more.

6. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I feel like I may be a crazy person here but: I. Hate. Oreo. Creme.

Now, I love the cookie part. That is actually my favourite part to include in recipes or enjoy on it's own. I just do not care for the creme at all. So, no, the double stuff or overstuff or stufftastic do not appeal to me.

7. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to choose regular. Regular Ores are sweet enough. Eating double stuffed Oreo cookies would send me into sugar shock. It is a little to much for me, but to each his own.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    All of the above for me! I never liked Oreos growing up, but now as an adult I love them! Yes, the double is a little too sweet, but I think it's better because hen I eat less. I try not to eat them too often, though. They have so many calories.

9. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I don't really buy Oreo's anymore. My daughter used to take them and hid them and then when I went to clean her room I would find a bunch of the cookies with the stuffing licked out of them. But when I did buy them, I never really paid attention to regular or double stuffed, I just dunk them in milk and they taste the same to me.

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Regular stuffed ones are my preference. This is mostly because I see the filling as just a little bonus and it isn't my favorite part. They wouldn't be Oreos without it, of course, but I don't want any more filling than necessary and could actually enjoy them without it. I'm not the type that likes taking the filling out of a bunch of them and eating it all in one cookie either. Ew.

20090209-oreossss.

11. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Another note about Oreo Double Stuf: It actually does not contain double the 'stuf'. It's 1.86 times as much 'stuf' as regular Oreos, Meaning the claim itself, double, is false advertising.

12. tinyfang

tinyfangMember

Threads:
    @Jessi: that is NASTY! ^_^

As for OP, I already find the regular Oreos to be too sweet. So I normally eat it Santa Style and dip it into milk. It doesn't really make it less sweet. It makes it soggy which has an interesting texture. So double stuffed is definitely out of the question. I normally don't put much sugar in my foods.

13. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    Double-stuffed for me!
    Let's face it, the cookie part of an Oreo is pretty mediocre, the real gold is the filling and a chance to get double the amount is nothing to scoff at :)

14. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    But then that particular site's experiment comes up with 1.91 times the stuffing, so that's even closer to almost a full "2 times as much." I found it interesting that it shows the cookie wafers weighing a bit more in the double stuft ones, though....I would've assumed they were the same cookies used.

15. reshelle

reshelleNew Member

Threads:
    I am a fan of double stuff oreos. Honestly I can't go back to eating regular. I feel like a kid again every time I dunk my Oreo in a tall,cold glass of milk. Oh the joys of childhood.

16. youngnova

youngnovaNew Member

Threads:
    I love the double stuffed Oreos. The more cream filling, the better. I also like the golden sandwich Oreo cookies too. I love to split my cookies in half, eat the cream filling first, then dip the cookie part in milk.

Mmm... I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. lol.

17. CSomm

CSommMember

Threads:
    As far as I'm concerned, Oreo could triple-stuff them. The more the better! Makes the milk taste great and the cookie crunch is still just as excellent. I am getting the urge to go to the store right now and pick some up right now!

18. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I guess I just love Oreos no matter what because I love both! Mmm.. I just may go buy some now!
    In all seriousness though, it just depends on the mood that I am in and how much of a sweet tooth I have. I do agree with some of the other responses to this topic when they say the double stuffed can be overwhelmingly sweet. I think overall, regular Oreos are best. One Oreo I am not a fan of though, is the ones that are mint green in the middle... Yuck! Can't stand it! Regular Oreos to the rescue!

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really like the double stuffed Oreos, but my favorite Oreos are the flavored ones, like Birthday Cake Oreos and Marshmallow Krispy Treat Oreos. I like how experimental Oreos are now. For decades they just had chocolate, now you can get them in a lot of different flavors.

20. fruii29

fruii29Member

Threads:
    I am not a sugar-holic person. But I love Oreo. It is the best food ever. I can eat Oreo on my breakfast, lunch, dinner or even in-between meals. Although, I like it just the way it is. No double filling for me. It will get too sweet and I will end-up throwing it away. Nothing beats good, old fashioned Oreo in a milk. That's heaven for me.