Payless Shoes

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by winsomenotions • Mar 12, 2014.

1. winsomenotions

winsomenotionsMember

Threads:
    I'm a little short on money every once in a while so when I need shoes I often head to Payless. I would give the store a 7/10. I am pretty picky about shoes so I don't always have a great time at stores like this but I usually manage to snag something cute at Payless. I love their low prices and variety of styles. However, oftentimes they don't have a lot of shoes for each size range and that bothers me. Also occasionally the only cheap shoes they sell are the ugly ones and the nice looking ones are pretty costly. Overall, I like the store and always go back. What do you guys think? What is your favorite shoe store?

2. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I like Payless too. They really don't have that large of a selection, but their prices are almost unbeatable and I find that their shoes actually last for quite awhile. I've had some expensive Nikes that don't last as long as most Payless shoes.

3. Shell323

Shell323Member

Threads:
    I like payless for some shoes, usually dress shoes. But I have noticed that, like you said, most of the cuter styles are pretty expensive, sometimes more expensive than other stores. I find that pretty frustrating when shopping on a budget. I do have some brand loyalty for sneakers because I usually find that the more expensive brands last better for me, but that could also be because I don't buy them as frequently as I should. I'll go years without a new pair of sneakers sometimes.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately I can't go anywhere near Payless shoes. The smell from the chemical dyes and plastics used in the manufacture of almost 70% of those shoes, makes me feel ill. I know it is really hard to get a decent pair of shoes when you don't have much money. I have to honestly say that I have only ever regretted buying shoes in Payless, as they never lasted very long and my feet got affected by the dye or plastic insole. If you can, try and save for a while and head to a high quality shoe store.

5. RaidAurora

RaidAuroraMember

Threads:
    I'm not big on Payless, either. Leaning more towards a 6. If you want a pair of Nikes or whatever, yeah, Payless has your back and probably a decent variety, too. The stores always feel super stuffy and poorly designed to me, like they just want to cram as much as they can into as small a space as they can. I prefer to shop at places like JC Penny's or the Boston Store for new pairs of shoes where I'll end up spending the same amount for a better looking pair.

6. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really have a particular place where I buy shoes. I do love stores like TJ Maxx and Burlington Coat Factory because they can sometimes have very cute shoes for low prices. Payless has some ugly stuff, yes, but occasionally I snag some great shoes on their BOGO sales. I love their BOGO!

7. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I like Payless. They do not have a huge selection however they do have good prices, but most importantly, they carry women shoes that are my size. I have huge feet and it is so hard to find cute shoes in my size let alone heels. I used to love to buy shoes but now for the most part I have to buy men's shoes, Payless is the only place I can afford to buy cute girl shoes for myself. So, yes, they are my favorite shoe store, but I don't have a lot of choice.