Flower delivery services

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by crimsonghost747 • Mar 15, 2014.

1. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    While I used to work in far away places, one of my coworkers would often use this nice little flower delivery service. You would contact them through their website, pay with your credit card and then they would deliver the flowers that you chose (and a card with what ever you want written on it) to the chosen person.

I thought it was a great way to stay in touch with friends and family. The service itself was surprisingly cheap and he used it quite spontaneously, just sending it randomly to his family members etc. I thought it was a great idea but never tried it myself.

Ever used any similar service? What were your experiences?

2. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I thought about sending flowers this last valentines because I wanted to surprise my wife, I went to the shop and asked for the price and it was not cheap. So instead I bought some better flowers and hide them at home and the surprise was made there instead of at her job. I can only spend what I have...

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I have. I used Inter Flora once to send flowers to a girlfriend on Valentine's Day. She wasn't in (she'd nipped out to the shop) so they left them with a neighbour, but did not leave a note to tell us. I phoned them and they told me so we went to the neighbour who swore blind they never received them, someone is lying. :(

4. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    That's what I usually do as well, I feel it's better to watch her reaction, that's part of the surprise.
    I wonder if they prefer the delivery at work, in order to make their coworkers jealous though... :)

5. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Awwww that's very sad, how did your girlfriend react about that?

At least she knew that you have sent her a flower and she must have wished that she was in when the delivery man came with the flower.

Whenever my husband is sending me a flower he makes sure to tell me about it so I actually receive it with my own hand because he does that only once or twice a year and he throws a lot of money on it so it would be a shame if it gets to someone else's hand and never arrives to me.

6. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that's a good way to surprise loved ones in a different place. They would not expect that you would be able to send a gift because you are far away.

I would use that from time to time let's say to deliver an ice cream cake when one of my family members is celebrating his or her birthday. While the ice cream cake would normally be more expensive compared to if you just buy it directly from the shop, I think the love that it conveys is just all worth it.

7. samoosh

samooshNew Member

Threads:
    I work as a florist and it's such a rewarding job. On Mother's day or Valentine's day you work such long hours in the freezing cold and then you go out and deliver some flowers and the looks on people's faces make it all so worthwhile. I love that part of my job.

8. daleo717

daleo717Member

Threads:
    I think using a flower service is great. You can send flowers for birthdays, Mother's Day, Anniversaries etc. I once received a lovely bouquet of flowers from my Mother on my 30th Birthday, it made me feel very special. The flowers came with a nice teacup and saucer.
    I have hinted to my husband to send me some flowers for our anniversary, and I hope he does it. I think using a flower service is a great gift giving idea.

9. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I love floral delivery services. I've always thought fresh flowers are something people love but rarely splurge on for themselves because it just seems somewhat wasteful. Every month I send a friend some flowers because their reactions brighten my day. I have also found that gilt city has some great flower delivery service deals on the site lately, so definitely check them out.