Do you buy clothing online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by writeletters • Mar 16, 2014.

1. writeletters

writelettersMember

Threads:
    I always hesitate before buying clothing online because what if it doesn't fit or looks different to what I thought it was when purchasing? Do you have any such qualms about shopping for clothes online?

The main thing for me is size, because obviously each brand is a little bit different, and I find it hard to tell what size would fit me just by looking at a picture of an item. Do any of you have these issues?

2. tinyfang

tinyfangMember

Threads:
    I agree. Size is always a worry for me as well. I normally try to buy all of my clothes when I visit Hong Kong. It's cheaper and more fitting for me there. Clothes in Canada are usually made for larger people.

I did however, have bought clothes online, like a traditional Chinese jacket. I was very detailed in asking questions from the seller, as well as get advice from my mom who was a seamstress. I try to stick with easier things like socks and gloves, or simple sports gear.

3. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to buy my clothes at malls because they are much real. There was a time I bought some clothes and they were all a disappointment. The clothes were of poor quality material and were not fitting. It was totally different from what was on display.

4. fruii29

fruii29Member

Threads:
    I love doing my shopping online. It's very convenient and hassle-free. But, the downside for online shopping, specially if it is clothing, is the size. But some online stores do have option on how you can determine your size. Most of the time, it fits me, so I don't have an issue with the sizes of my clothing.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do! When I started I was hesitant, but I actually rarely need to exchange or return something. I don't buy pants and jeans online, as those need to fit perfectly, but buying shirts, blouses and even dresses are ok and work out great for me! It's always important to buy from a store that accepts exchanges and returns.

6. bms00

bms00Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I buy Levi's jeans online because I need a 36 length and they are hard to find in that length. Also I know my size so I don't have to try them on. Otherwise, I don't want to deal with having to go to the post office and return something if it doesn't fit right. Getting the right size still doesn't mean it will fit exactly right.

7. canoe

canoeMember

Threads:
    I tend to buy clothing online too. Size is a big issue but that's why I try to buy clothes online from brands that have retail stores near me in which I can return the clothes if they don't fit me. The reason I don't bother to go to the retail store then is that sometimes, they don't have my size in stock and often times, it's just more convenient to order clothes online for someone who's busy working all the time.

8. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    No I have never bought clothing online and I don't think there will be a time when I do unless the item is only available online. I prefer to hit the shops and pick what I like in the flesh. I love carrying my bags home and getting in and trying all my new things on. I don't want to have to wait for the postman.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never bought clothing online yet since I live very close to different malls anyway, so there are a lot of options to choose from and it's very convenient to go there anyway in case something goes wrong with the purchase. I don't feel comfortable buying something that needs fitting online, I'd rather not take any chances.

10. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I never buy clothing online. I have to be able to try it on and see how it fits. Also, how the fabric feels on my skin is a big thing too, cause I hate itchy fabrics! Also, I tried on shirts where on the rack it looked fine, but once it was on you could see right through it! So, no, I'll never be buying clothes online.

11. brandeis

brandeisNew Member

Threads:
    Yet, ive not bought any clothing by online because i like to wear only comfortable clothes that's why i am worry about clothing size by online . May be that clothing size big or small for me that's why i don't like to do onlne shopping.

12. cabenb

cabenbMember

Threads:
    Yeah, all the time. If something doesn't fit just send it back! Easy Peasy!

13. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    I have no problem buying clothing online. In fact, I do majority of my clothing shopping online. The malls in my area don't sell certain street brands that I wear, therefore, I can only purchase them online. I also order clothing from websites like Hollister and American Eagle. I know what sizes to order for each brand, which varies, and I find online shopping to be mush easier than going to the store and browsing through the racks.

14. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I always think that being able to buy clothes online is a convenient option but like most people, I have the same problem too. I don't have a problem with size matters but I prefer to be able to try the clothes on before purchasing them.

I also like to check on the material and if there's something wrong with the clothes before paying for it because I prefer to buy ones that last for few years.

15. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the time, I buy in ebay especially those that we can't see on boutique like costumes. I have bought countless dresses from ebay for my kid. most of them are costumes like superman, Mikey mouse and etc..

Facebook stores are also an alternative.

16. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy simple clothes online, such as t-shirts, socks and sometimes underwear. But for everything else I prefer to go directly to shops or stores where I can try the clothes on and see in a mirror how they suit me. I have lived in different countries, and sizes vary a lot. Asian and European sizes tend to be smaller than the same sizes in Australia. And the same applies to shoe sizes. I prefer buying clothes that I can touch, smell and, preferably, wear on the same day I buy them.

17. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I do, but I don't buy them very often because I have found that you can't really tell what the quality is like or if they fit you until they arrive, and I'm too lazy and busy to bother packaging them back up, going to the post office and sending them back so they normally end up in the bottom of my cupboard.

18. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I buy clothes online and in b&m stores. I don't mind buying online because I figure if it doesn't fit I can always return it. (I also read the return policies carefully prior to purchasing.) I also buy online because sometimes the prices are better than in store on some things, I have found this to happen with J.Crew a lot and Gap. For me the only drawback of online shopping is shipping and handling charges, I love free shipping but have no problem paying for what the shipping actually costs plus some markup. I just hate when online retailers charge ridiculous shipping charges, I tend to pass on the item if the shipping is very high and not warranted.

19. siyasharmak2

siyasharmak2Banned

Threads:
    Yes I bought my all clothes online. Because It's save my time.

20. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    Yes Clothing is something that can be purchased online because when we know a brand and what sort of quality they claim and what do we get from them there is a chance of improvement and you can buy what you need with complete satisfaction.