Restaurants you wish were in your area

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by RaidAurora • Mar 16, 2014.

1. RaidAurora

RaidAuroraMember

Threads:
    I've wanted an In-and-Out burger in the Midwest for years. Ditto goes for a Jack-in-the-Box and Cheddars. Also, there are no Denny's near my hometown, which is very saddening given that the Grand Slam is one of my favorite chain restaurant sandwiches.

So I ask you guys: What restaurants would you like to see in your locale? Do you wish you had a White Castle? Have you ever had food at any of these restaurants?

2. wkramos20

wkramos20New Member

Threads:
    One of my favorite place to eat would have to be White Castle but there isn't one around my area. I love when i go back to my White Castle because there are plenty of them there. I always associate White Castle with "Back Home". I love it. I also wish there was a Denny's on our area. We have an Ihop but Denny's is way better. I love their biscuits and gravy.

3. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    In my area, McDonalds is the only option. Anything different would be a welcome change. Ideally I wouldn't be looking for a burger king or another place similar to McDonalds - maybe arbys or kfc or subway for variets. I am sticking to common fast food selections here. There are a number of other places I would like to see with more of a dine-in atmosphere. Places such as boston pizza or red robin would be nice if I wanted a casual place to eat in.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Rally's is one that I don't have anywhere near me and used to really like. I'm finally back in an area that has Chick Fil A now, but haven't actually had any since I moved out here, shockingly enough!

5. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    We moved from Idaho to Texas and there are restaurants I had never heard of before like Cheddar, one of my favorites. But, there are a few from back home that I really miss. I miss Sizzler and Confucius the most. Confucius has the best Chinese food anywhere and Sizzler, I miss there Malibu chicken and the salad bar so much!

6. RaidAurora

RaidAuroraMember

Threads:
    I travel a lot so I've gotten to try some of the more mainstream southern fast food chains, like Krystal and Rally's. They're pretty good, though I don't think Krystal stacks up to White Castle. Something about eating a dozen burgers in one sitting is incredibly appealing to me.

7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a great variety of restaurants where I live, both dine-in and fast food; so there is not a lot to wish for, but one that I really enjoyed that we don't have anywhere close to us is Golden Corral. We do have a Ryans, which is pretty similar, but Golden Corral was a better variety of food.
    There is also a fast food Italian Restaurant that I used to go to, and really enjoyed. it is called Fazoli's (real food, real fast), and they have awesome salad and bread sticks, and all kinds of different Italian dishes. And dessert.....oh, wow ! Something called a Turtle, or something like that, most wonderful little dessert ever. Definitely good food, and very reasonable prices, as well.

8. RaidAurora

RaidAuroraMember

Threads:
    Haha, we have Fazoli's up here in Wisconsin! They're pretty great, but the real kicker is that dine-in Fazoli's has unlimited breadsticks and their breadsticks are killer. I usually order a sandwich when I'm there and just gorge myself on carbs.

9. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I used to live in California and my family and I would constantly go. I love In 'N Out, and that would definitely be my choice of restaurant. Though I haven't had junk food in the longest time, In 'N Out would definitely be the exception.

I love In 'N Out and I really wished it was in my country (but it probably will never be). The fact the In 'N Out is just so exclusive to a few states just makes people want it more. And of course, it's freshly made and extremely delicious.

10. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I live in Portugal so there are lots of fast food restaurants that I always hear about and I don't have access to :(
    Notable mentions are: In 'N Out , Five Guys, Taco Bell, Outback, Dunkin' Donuts, the list goes on :)

11. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish there was a really good fish and seafood restaurant in my area. A place that uses local produce as much as possible. I would like a nice and stylish little restaurant with wooden chairs and tables, where I can sit comfortably outdoors and enjoy my fresh fish with a fine salad. I am so sick of all the fast food joints around me, I can't even stand the smells that come wafting out of their doors. One that makes me especially feel sick is Subway.

12. RaidAurora

RaidAuroraMember

Threads:
    Haha, I live on a lake so the seafood restaurants are really nice. Red Lobster is a pretty good seafood chain, as is Joe's Crab Shack. And aww dude, I love Subway. It's the best cheap sandwich I could buy.

13. Scottf13

Scottf13Member

Threads:
    We have most of the big chain restaurants that I like within a ten to twelve mile area from my house. I would LOVE to see a Red Robin pop up, though. I'd like a Hooters too, but honestly.. I don't know how well that would work out in this area given then... talent pool for freelance entertainment based wait staff.

14. micah13

micah13Member

Threads:
    Does Starbucks count? We had one, but they had to close because the landlord thought he could charge NY prices in a small town in the South. It was ridiculous. Hopefully they come back.

15. tinyfang

tinyfangMember

Threads:
    We have almost everything except A&W, Taco Bell and White Castle. After watching Harold and Kumar, I wanted to try White Castle at least once. As for A&W, we used to have one in the city. It was around for a very long time. It even had the 1950's decor and everything, but it closed down some 15-ish years ago. Also, I have never tried Taco Bell either. The only Taco Bell I ever saw in person was when we drove by one in Washington state.

16. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    I would love if they made a Carl's Jr. where I live. I recently went there while I was visiting my grandparents and afterwards went to get something to eat and decided to stop by at Carl's Jr. there food is really good. I loved the variety of drinks they had and just looking at the desserts made me full. The burgers are really good too its just one of the many reasons why I would love it if they built this restaurant near where I live.

I recently heard about another restaurant through a friend when I saw their picture on facebook it was called Barb-B-Cutie and the picture spoke for itself the burger was super plumped and it lived up to the advertisement. Usually they show a burger really big and when they serve it to you its all squashed to the point where you don't need two hands to hold it. Well this was not the case with this burger it definitely looked like you need both hands and all fingers to hold on to that burger. So I would definitely hope they build that restaurant close by. I just might get curious enough to just drive those couple of hours just to try it out I'm sure it would be worth it.

17. Scottf13

Scottf13Member

Threads:
    Do they have a Hardee's where you are from? It is essentially the same store with a different name due to region and familial ownership. As far as advertised burgers that are squished, I would love to find a single fast food place that served food the way it looked in ads.

#17Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  18. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are too many to mention. I hate McDonald's. I am amazed that some people on here don't have one. I see one like everywhere, even a few when I have gone on vacation. Get rid of one in my area and replace it with something tasty. I'd be fine with just one of the restaurants on my list. It doesn't have to be all of them. In N Out Burger was one I was thinking of. I don't know how people eat McDonald's. In N Out Burger is just as cheap if not cheaper and the shakes and burgers are really good. It seems like fast food like that is healthier too in a good way. Instead the only new thing we got out here is Red Robin. You'd think my area would be averted to such an overpriced establishment.

Carl's Jr was another one I tried and loved as well as Jack in the Box. Going on vacation kinda sucked because I got more envious after all the good food I had so part of me didn't want to go home.

19. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    Red Lobster, for one. I haven't eaten there in years. An N Out Burger would be great too but people in my town are so lame and just love their Micky D's to death so it would no doubt go out of business. Oh well, at least we have Bojangles down here, that's -almost- like Popeye's Chicken.

20. megshoe

megshoeMember

Threads:
    I just wish there was a decent place to get good Mexican food here. I lived half my life in California before moving to New Jersey and it was hard enough to find quality Mexican in the Northeast...Now I'm in Germany! There are a couple Mexican places in bigger cities, but they're not particularly good. I would give anything for a little taco shop around the corner, horchata... Great Turkish food abounds here, though! There are pros and cons to it :) Since everyone is talking about fast food, I'll throw in that a lot of Germans are curious about Taco Bell because so many Americans rave about it and they don't have it here (except on American military bases).