Who to Take on Holiday!

Discussion in Travel started by JoJoYorkshire • Mar 17, 2014.

1. JoJoYorkshire

JoJoYorkshireNew Member

Threads:
    How do you decided who to take on holiday? I've been away a fair few times with my close family, but once you start including aunts/uncles/cousins etc we tend to have a lot more arguments because we don't know each other's habits etc as well, but we're still family so feel like we can argue lol. With friends I tend to be overly polite I guess and so there's less friction because everyone is on their best behaviour. I know there's a saying that you don't know people until you go away with them, but I was wondering, how do you decide who to go with? And have you any regrets about any past holidays?

2. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I avoid going on a trip with a group of people who are close to each other except me. For example, you were invited by a group of friends you barely even know, then you join them and you feel a little left out because their close to each other, but you barely know them. I avoid these trips because I feel left out and a little bored not having someone I'm close to. This would be a different story if I brought my best friend along with me. We would have the greatest time.

If you're going on a trip, take people who you know you'll have fun with. If you won't have fun with your family, don't go with them. If you suggest going with your friends, go for it!

3. JoJoYorkshire

JoJoYorkshireNew Member

Threads:
    Good point, I've made that mistake before, going away with a group where you don't really have a particularly strong connection with anybody and you end up feeling like the odd one out. I did do it once though when it worked out well, but it was with a load of people who were really laid back and welcoming, they didn't have their own little cliques or anything, but I don't know many groups of people like that.

4. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    A holiday in England is what you lot call a vacation. In school terms and i am waiting the holidays because i want to go for the trip in upcoming holidays..

5. Andrey212121

Andrey212121Banned

Threads:
    aunts/uncles/cousins as you said is not good idea. You shouldn't plan to trip with your family. The best way its to take your wife (only wife without children) and spend some amazing holidays like you both have when you meet each other))) This is the best advice from me ( based on my own experience). If you take time and remember the days that you with your women spent together . The times without problems and reproofs. You will take her on holiday and make her happy.

6. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    I travel to do fun and get knowledge about the other parts of this world. That’s why I always love to go with the group of friends or family. In this way I never get any disappointment or sadness. With my buddies I can get more fun than I can get alone. I can dance with them, Make pictures, Do party, picnic or other activities. That’s why I want to travel with someone.