100 calorie cans of soda - a great size.

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Lostvalleyguy • Mar 17, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    For Coke, this is a 222ml can where a standard can would be 355ml. As someone who doesn't drink a lot of soda and often doesn't need a full can to satisfy my craving these cans are great. I can't leave a half can in the fridge as it will go flat and I consider it a waste. These are also a good size for a treat for younger children who demand their own pop and don't want to share with their siblings. I am not into highballs, but this would be a good size for those as well. In an age where soda portions are keeping pace with waistlines, it is nice to see smaller options available for a junk food.

2. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I see this as a great idea as well. It encourages people to lessen their junk food intake.

I actually haven't eaten junk food in the longest time due to my recent journey towards a healthy lifestyle, but I guess this is great for people who enjoy soft drinks on a cheat day. I don't drink soda because my intake has become more sensitive through the days, but others like it.

I like the idea of soft drink cans lessening in size.

3. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I think this is just another gimmicky marketing scheme meant to make people feel better about filling their body with pure crap.

Soda is quite possibly the most unhealthy habit of obese people. It is quick, addictive, high calories, high sugar, and generally HORRIBLE for the health. But sure, put it in a smaller can and suddenly you can market it as a "healthier" option.

The healthier option is to stop drinking the stuff. But I have to applaud the makers. It is obviously working and continuing to sell a product that is ultimately causing more health problems than probably anything else in the food market.

4. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Not long ago, I was visiting my Dr. and realized that I left my bottled water at home. The gift shop had many sports drinks (sugar), juice blends (more sugar but with some nutrients) and water that tasted like chemicals.

Then in the corner were these tiny cans of soda. They sold for less than $1 and it fit in my purse. Though soda is a special occasion thing for me, this came in handy for when my throat becomes dry from the air conditioning

5. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I think that's a pretty good idea. Those 50-60 less calories really make a difference. It's still best to avoid them altogether, though!!

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think these smaller cans are the soda companies trying to keep people healthy. They probably make more profit by offering a smaller portion in a smaller package but only charging 10% less.
    I'll bet the people who buy these little cans are paying almost as much as they would for a regular soda. The only way that the smaller cans would be a good deal is if they were 40 cents each.

7. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I agree and it's not even a new idea they used to do mini cans years ago with Fanta, sprite etc. I also think it is naïve of people to believe that these companies care about our health at all. These drinks are full of sugar and some of them even contain ingredients such as aspartame that are extremely detrimental to our health.

8. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I know what you're saying here. And if you're really thirsty, you might end up drinking more than on can anyway. I know I can. If you really want to get a good deal on a full sized bottle of soda, there's always the dollar store. The small can might be good as far as potability is concerned. But that's the only plus I can think of about it. I have a friend who loves the small cans though. She says it's just the right portion size for her.

9. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    You could also try investing in lids for your cans, which help stop them from going stale or flat. They're usually very cheap as they're just really just little cheap plastic covers which form an airtight seal, or next to.