Perfect Bacon Bowl

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by tommymac • Mar 18, 2014.

1. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Here's an "As Seen on TV" item I might actually be inspired to try.

. It seems to me that it is kind of like the Bacon Wave, but in bowl shape. What I like about it is that the bowl shape lends itself to making party foods. I can almost imagine making a bacon bowl cheese burger to set out at a Superbowl Party or something.

What do you folks think?

2. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    You can do the same exact thing a Bacon Bowl does with an upside down muffin tray. You should go watch grav3yardgirl's "Does This Thing Really Work?" video series on YouTube. She tests a bunch of "As Seen on TV" products and the Bacon Bowl was one of them.

3. Gavin

GavinMember

Threads:
    I saw this thing and wasn't even sure if it was real! That's quite a marvel in bacon magic. So, what's some real applications for this thing though. I mean, do you just toss some bacon in and have a good time? Either way, its kind of a cool idea. There is another product that I need to look around for, because I'm pretty sure I have something that's quite similar in my place to the bacon bowl.

4. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    I've heard of the same thing but just using everyday muffin pans. Oil the pans, then lay down the bacon as a weave on the inside. Pop the pans in the oven, then bake until nice and crispy. I've also heard of people using aluminum foil forms for bacon tacos. Even done it myself, very delicious if a bit messy.

5. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44Member

Threads:
    Looks delicious, would probably be horrible for my cholesterol and definitely a party thing, if it works. I've seen the commercials on TV but have never tried it myself.

6. DDavies

DDaviesActive Member

Threads:
    I said the same thing to myself when I read the original post. I use an upside down muffin tin. You can also make taco salad bowls using muffin tins; you just put the tortilla in the spot between the "muffin" molds.

7. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I would prefer to use an upside down muffin tray as was mentioned above. That way you could make more and you likely already have a muffin tray.

I helped make some bacon snacks a few years ago using this method and they turned our great. just add whatever you want in the tray and flip it over onto a flat pan. You will need to check on it, but thats easy to do.

8. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I tried it over a friend's house. It works nice.
    Yet, you have to be careful not to set the microwave on a high number because it can burn fast.
    Now, she is one of those friends who ordered the George Foreman grill in 2 different sizes. She also ordered this little pancake electric grille
    that I've seen a little old lady demonstrate on late night TV. She also bought the Magic Bullet because I bought it.:D

#8Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've seen this before as well, and I remember thinking that it can be achieved with a muffin tray, but I guess the fact that it has a drip prevention measure is good enough to warrant its existence, and I'd certainly buy one myself if I really thought I'd be using it that often. I don't really eat that much bacon, however, even though I really like it. I do still want to try out this product someday in the future, but it will have to be at a time when I have a bit more extra cash and time because I don't really see it as that much of a necessity and instead to me it's more just a novelty item albeit still very fun.

10. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Is oil necessary? Beef and pork bacon have enough fat on them to create its own oil when cooked. Maybe you're referring to turkey or vegetarian-style bacon?