Free times

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Peninha • Mar 21, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How do you spend your free times? As you probably know, the city or place where you live in offers loads of free stuff, like parks, free tennis courts, libraries for the kids, quite a big list. Do you know any of these free things to do where you live or you just watch a movie for example?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just get away from everything. I go for a walk in the forest or spend my day at the nearby lake. All week I have so much stimulation that on the weekends I just need to switch off and remember who I am. :)
    When I am not trying to escape society and all its demands, I like to go to the theatre and watch actors perform on stage. I like all kinds of artistic performance, including opera and ballet. So, whenever I can afford it, I go and see something that inspires me.

3. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I sometimes go sea fishing off the pier, or I cast out from the beach. The bait used for the fishing is free as I use lugworms I find and dig up on the beach. I go fishing in all weathers and I eat what I catch. :) Winkling is also pretty good in some areas where I live. We also have a big park close to where I live, but that's only good for when the weather is warm so you can have a kick about with a football.

#3Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  4. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Browse the internet, play games, do computer stuff. I'm usually stuck at home even if I have free time. I don't have anywhere to go outside either. I would probably go to the mall and restaurants if I could.

5. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Lately? Free time includes a lot of napping. But I have 3 almost 4 kids. I don't mind not getting away to spend free time.

I read a lot. I catch up on junk TV at night (on Netflix and HBO).

When I have actual days off (like this week my husband took the kids to his parents' house for Spring Break) I made plans to catch up with several old friends who I might not otherwise see as often. I also like to expand my menu when I have free time alone... I cook new things and try new dishes. I love cooking for one.

Otherwise, my husband and I often make use of "First Friday" in our town for date nights, where all the art galleries are open late, are free, and have drinks and hors d'oeuvres. We hike with our family at some of the local state and national parks. We do tons of "free" community actives with our kids.

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, napping as a free time is economical claire! :D Why do you nap so much, you work a lot too? That's what I was talking about though, First Friday and free community activities, they are great and the problem is most people are unaware they exist.

7. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    On my free time, I either watch a TV show or movie, or I go out with my best friend to eat or something. I love to eat and try out new restaurants, and since my best friend lives near a commercial area, we go out to eat around that place. If we're really on a budget, we'll go to each others' houses and watch classic films.

I enjoy chilling with people that make me happy.

However, if I'm alone, I would just comment on forums and blogs, which I do to earn money online.

8. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that sometimes spending some time with our kids can be great and money saving. For example, you turn off the TV and the computer and go to a park or play board games, it's not a huge saving, but it's something and time well spent.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Over here when you go to the mall, you get free aircon in this tropical country, and that's where most people go to when they want to pass the time. Most people just sit on the bench and observe people while eating or drinking, or they take advantage of the mall's free wifi.

10. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Well on my free time I like to take a nape or watch a short movie or something depending on how much time I have. If I dont have a long time I play candy crush or a game on my tablet or cellphone. I also like to check my email or return phone calls to those that have called me or left me messages.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I spend my free time going on picnics in the park behind my apartment, walking the dog, watching Adult Swim, watching Korean dramas, playing video games and compulsively cleaning my apartment.

12. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really have a lot of free time and that sort of bums me out because I feel like I miss out on a lot of the little things, and even worse time with family and friends. When I do have some free time I like going for walks, spending time with my family and going shopping. My favorite way to spend my free time is with loved ones.

13. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have too much free time in my hands these days though. The little free time that I grab [since there's literary almost none of it] is spent hiking. There are a number of hills with breath taking views. Once I get to the peak, I can then sit back and enjoy the scenery. Not much of a way to spend one's free time but I find it kind of pleasant.

14. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I like practicing yoga during my days off. I'm also into music or maybe watching movies. Other times, I'd go for a walk, just to think because it does help me clear my head. Also if i have free time, I'd go online checking a couple of my favorite sites and browse this or that. I'm also hooked into reading my favorites books on my iPhone. :p

15. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    For my free time, I tend to love getting lost in a great book or online article, watching a favorite television sitcom or two, relaxing with my wife, and just getting into sports.
    I believe in the need for a good balance between recreation and relaxation. I think that based on the nature of one's mood, and the mood of one's friends and family, that can influence which form of "R and R" one gets involved in on any particular day.
    One day may "feel" laid-back, while on another day, one may feel for a rigorous game of lawn tennis, or to attend a football match.
    Whatever the hobby/pastime one chooses to engage oneself, and those around you with, it's important that when you do participate, that you do so to the fullest.
    Based on experience and research, I can tell you that it's not enough to plan to go play "ultimate frisbie" with your friends, go do it, and then come back home feeling as though you had a lackluster day.
    If you're going to participate in something--even if it's relaxation, you should ensure that you set aside special, specific time for you and your loved ones to do "just that".
    Don't clutter up the day with all your pending assignments, pending phone calls, and whatever else.

In order for you to live life to the fullest, you have to make a deliberate attempt to enjoy it to the fullest, in every way.

16. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    No, all those things you mentioned that are supposed to be free, we pay for them all in here. There's always an "Entrance Fee" for those facilities, even the public park. But for the most part I just spend my free time shut off with everything, I turn off the TV, internet and my phone and just relax all day.

17. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, that is scary deathbyprayer, where are you from? You pay an entrance to a public park?! I could not live like you mention really because I love outdoors and if I can stay inside in a cold rainy day, for me is painful to stay inside where we have a sunny warm day, I just need to go outside.

18. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely have free time. So, when I do, I really treasure it. I cook food for my family, play with my cats and dogs, go to the salon or spa for some massage, read books, watch movies... These are some of the things that I do when I have time to spare.

19. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am sorry to hear that you don't have free time chiof, but it's great that you treasure it and choose to spend it with your kids and your pets. A lot has been said about quality time, but I do feel that if we have the capacity to truly spend our free times with the ones we love, those memories will last forever. ;) Watching TV doesn't count haha.