What's your favorite salad dressing?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by randee555 • Mar 23, 2014.

1. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    Even though I'm a big sweets fanatic, I surprise family and friends with other foods I love to eat. Salad is one of those. I love a big plate full of salad with a little bit of everything on it. I love quite a few different dressings, I try to try all of them because you never know if you'll like something unless you try it. If I had to pick a favorite, I think it would be Thousand Island but French would be a strong second. What's yours?

2. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite is Bleu Cheese by everyone else in my family hates it, which is fine with me since I don't have to share. Everyone else here loves Ranch. I do also like Thousdand Island, that would be my favorite but also, sometimes I just like Balsamic vinegar on it.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Oh man, I love switching up salad dressings, so I'm not sure I could choose a favorite!

I do tend to lean toward Italian and oil/vinegar based dressings. French used to be my absolute favorite, but over the years, I've lost track of a brand I really like, so it never quite tickles my fancy now like it used to.

I don't like bleu cheese, so I'm not a fan of bleu cheese dressing obviously. Almost everything else is fair game for me to try, though! I love trying out new ones whenever I can.

4. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    I like blue cheese dressing but not many places sell it so I make my own. I am from the UK and first came across it when I was on holiday in America as a child. We went to McDonalds one night and because I don't like their burgers I ordered a salad with blue cheese dressing and fell in love with it. In the UK McDonalds do not serve salads.

5. streakanime

streakanimeMember

Threads:
    I've an absolutely horrid addiction to Ranch Dressing. I cannot help myself, I just love the stuff.
    I tried Wishbone Guacamole Ranch recently and fell in love. If you like guacamole and ranch... It is like the perfect blend and it goes great on anything!
    I'm also a person who eats salad dressing on way more than just salad though.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love ranch dressing too. I buy a few bottles of it every month. My kid puts in on everything. Ranch is pretty much the only dressing I buy besides raspberry vinaigrette.

7. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    Hm, it's a toss up between Bleu Cheese and Chipotle Ranch, which is something I tried last year and absolutely loved it, it's really good and its got a tiny bit of spice to it which is exactly what I like. It's great on salads and even chicken sandwiches!

8. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    Ranch is always my go-to as a salad dressing. As a kid, my mom would order a pint from Famous Amos so we could eat it with our salads and other meals for awhile. It tastes best without the nasty preservatives that store-bought ranch dressing has. With that said, the closest I've found to the 'good stuff' is Kraft Ranch Dressing. So addicting and so very very delicious!

9. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I think my favourite is Thousand Island. I love it but not on my hips like chips. :) I do just like a plain old balsamic vinaigrette. But my all time favourite sauce which I douse over everything including salads is Econa West Indian Hot Pepper Sauce. Or nando's hot or garlic and herb sauce.

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite store bought salad dressing is Newman's Own Low Fat Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette dressing. It's not cheap, but very delicious. I stock up whenever I see it on sale.

11. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I love salads quite a lot as it really helps a person to have a good diet. One of my favourite dressing is with lots of cheese and cream. I do not think it has any particular name to it as it is something that I have created and love to serve it to different people.

12. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    Growing up my mom always bought ranch so I'm kind of tired of it. Now that I buy my own I really like champagne vinaigrettes. There's a brand I like (I can't think of the name of it right now for the life of me!) that has a champagne caper flavor. It's so good! I also like sweet/asian types like miso ginger or just ginger dressings. I like making my own simple vinaigrettes at home, too.

13. florida2015

florida2015Member

Threads:
    I have so many favorite salad dressings. Of course most of the restaurant dressings made from scratch I like a lot better than the bottled dressings. I love the vinaigrettes, ranch, zesty Italian, honey mustard and oil and vinegar. Oil and vinegar is so easy to make that I should start making it at home. It's healthier for you too.

14. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried my own share of salad dressing sauces, from ranch to vinaigrette, and after all such experiences, I now mostly eat my salad with good ole virgin olive oil. Too many salad dressings used too many ingredients and preservatives nowadays, and I can taste the differences from older versions of any brand. Also, it's just more healthier to eat my salad with virgin olive oil and it goes down much easier for me.

15. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I tried many, but ultimately Caesar dressing does the best dressing job of salad. Not only does it look so luscious and rich as it drips onto the salad and sits there, but it tastes so good to go along with it. I've tried many other salad dressings like French which would be my second favorite, Thousand Island is alright, Italian is decent too and Ranch is almost disgusting to taste. So yeah, Caesar beats them all in my view.