Do You Take "Peelie" Coupons Without Buying The Product?

Discussion in Coupons started by ACSAPA • Mar 25, 2014.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You know those "peelie" coupons that are stuck to products in the supermarket? Are you one of the people who buys the product and then takes the coupons? Or do you just go down the aisle peeling coupons off of products without buying them? On Extreme Couponing, one of the couponers said that you're not required to buy the product in order to peel off the coupon and use it later. She felt that the peelie coupons are there for everyone.

I admit to peeling off a peelie coupon to use later ,even though I wasn't buying the product in that trip. I'm not proud of it and I think it's kind of shady.
    It falls into a moral gray area because you're not stealing a product, but maybe those coupons are supposed to be a reward for buying the product.

2. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    No, it's not really fair to take off the peelie coupons without the purchase. That is just my opinion, it is kind of the gray area but removing coupons from magazines in the grocery store would not be acceptable so I guess the same rule applies.

3. sgreenwood

sgreenwoodNew Member

Threads:
    I haven't taken the peelie off a product that I didn't buy, however I have gotten home and noticed that the cashier, and me, have missed peeling it off, and I've used it on a subsequent trip.

4. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    I have to admit that there have been some times that I've been guilty of doing this, but not often. Most of the time I will take a peelie off of one product when the one that I am buying is slightly different (but the coupon still applies). For example $1.00 off Starbucks Frapuccino but it is on the vanilla flavor and I want the mocha.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    No, I've never done that. Honestly, I've never even considered doing it!

Usually if there's a coupon on the product, that's when I'm going to consider buying it. There's rarely a time where it's a brand that I already regularly buy and therefore would buy again in the future.

6. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I have done it before, so don't feel bad. It's not something that I ordinarily do, though.

The other day, the Velveeta Cheesy Skillets at Dollar General had peelies on them. All of the flavors had one except for the flavor that I was getting, so yes, I snagged one off of another box. It was expired anyway. Karma?

7. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    No, I've never taken a peelie off of a product cause it's kind of rude to someone who is actually going to buy the product. It's extremely annoying to see that it says it should have a coupon on it, and then there's no coupon. So you have to root through the entire shelf to find one that DOES have coupon. :mad: I mean, in your case, you don't do it all the time, so no worries on your part. But the people who do it constantly... Ugh.

8. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    There are some women in some of the coupon groups that will take entire tearpads or that will hit up every grocery store in town to take all of the peelies. I think that is excessive. Not only is it very rude to other customers, but it seems like a good way to get in trouble with the store. Plus, it seems like it would take more gas to drive around everywhere stealing coupons than you would save.

9. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    It's tempting, but I don't take the "peelie" coupons off products without buying them. The major reason being, if I'm going to just take a coupon off a product without buying the product, then that typically means I don't need it and if I don't need it, then there's little chance I'll buy that product in the future (unless it's a really good coupon). If it is a product I use, then I don't mind spending the few extra dollars buying it and getting the coupon.

10. largecow

largecowMember

Threads:
    I have done this before. I'm addicted to coffee and the Starbucks Frappuccino 6 pack at Target always has those peelie coupons. It saved me a lot of money but I do feel bad about doing it.. :(

11. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    LOL! You should be ashamed...just kidding. ;) You certainly aren't the only one to do it!!