Why this website always give so cheap price to Russian?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Judia • Mar 25, 2014.

1. Judia

JudiaNew Member

Threads:
    I like buy little stuffs online, of cause, I do shopping on eBay, Amazon, and AliExpress. But what the strange thing is that I always find the aliexpress doing very cheap promotions only for Russian or Brazil people. Do you know why? On other shopping websites, the promotions are available for all. You can see an example of earrings here:

Hope any experienced buyer can give me some idea.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I would rather not click the link itself because this looks spammy to me....

However, if it's a legit question, it's likely because that company or those sellers are from Russia or Brazil themselves. This means it's much cheaper to ship to people within their own countries, making their costs less and therefore able to offer better discounts to people. It may also have to do with taxes or fees if they don't have to pay additional for sending items to people outside of the country.

3. mmug

mmugAdministrator
    Administrator

Threads:
    @Judia - AliExpress have many promotions for Russian people because they have a lot of visitors from Russia. AliExpress is on top 20 websites in Russia.

@Jessi - AliExpress is a new wholesale marketplace from Alibaba.com

4. GottDeals

GottDealsNew Member

Threads:
    I think it is a legit question. I am already familiar with Ali Express but I will add that Ali Express doesn't provide exclusively great deals just to Russia and Brazil. But then I have also looked at Alibaba.com and remember noticing the product similarities between the too. A few years ago I had also order from either one of both of them when I was in the U.S.

Before the question was asked I was wondering if Ali Express has exclusively great deals for the Philippines and other parts of Asia (which is where I currently live). So, it looks like Ali Express has simply done a good job catering to local markets :)

#4Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  5. Judia

JudiaNew Member

Threads:
    I don't think the sellers are from Russia or Brazil, because all products are sent out from China. I guess maybe the cost is less than shipping to other countries or they have many customers from those countries.
    I think so. AliExpress is famous in Russia.

I seldom see the great deal for the Philippines and other parts of Asia, but I can find some very cheap things on the first page. Sometimes they are good, you can search some what you need.

6. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen this website and wasn't sure where the deals were coming from, but it always seemed like shipping was ridiculous, which make sense if it's coming all the way from Russia. I'd rather hunt around for a dal on Ebay myself. I hate spending tons on shipping and then waiting weeks for it to come.

7. Judia

JudiaNew Member

Threads:
    yes, I am agree that it really takes too much days to get the thing we bought.

8. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    Basically the thing is when we get to learn how a website works and what sort of strategies it follows and the thing is they have made a Region specifically that is how it grows so yeah this is the reason behind it and it keeps getting better.