How Do You Save If Your State Doesn't Double Coupons?

Discussion in Coupons started by ACSAPA • Mar 25, 2014.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In South Florida, none of the stores double coupons, so I have never had the experience of getting completely free items or having overage, where the store owes me money.
    The closest I've come to doubling coupons is when Publix supermarkets is having a Buy One Get One Free sale and I use coupons on both the free item and the item I pay for.
    The most I've ever saved in one trip was $260 and that was from combining the BoGo sales and store coupons with manufacturer coupons.

If you live in a state that doesn't double coupons, do you have methods for saving more with coupons or do you just plunk down a 50 cents off coupon and call it a day?
    It takes more work to save with coupons in a state where they don't double them and the stores don't print out Catalinas at the register.

2. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, it sounds like you have worked it out to get good deals!

There is one store here that doubles coupons. It only opened up about a year ago, though, and I was couponing before then. I still don't shop there a lot because the items that I want to get are always out of stock when I get there, plus their prices are actually very high.

Shopping the sales is important. BOGO deals are great. I read the coupon matchups online to see which stores have freebies and low-priced items. Also, there are some stores where you can stack a store Q and a manufacturer's Q, which helps.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't get double coupon offers either. I just try to use coupons at the same time as other sales are going on, so I feel like I'm getting the most for my money. I don't get free products this way, but it does make the costs more reasonable.

4. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    Years ago, the stores around hear doubled or tripled their coupons. And some even took coupons from other stores, there was so much competition. I guess it doesn't pay off any longer for stores to double them unfortunately. Watching Extreme Couponing really makes me envious of these people that can stock up on so much free merchandise. But if it can't, I can't, so I try to take advantage of using coupons at the same time the item is on sale. A lot of the time, I just end up buying things at the dollar store and not worrying about using coupons though.

5. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, sales help a lot, but it's best to buy things on sale WITH a coupon if you can. That's how you score the best deals, even if your store doesn't double coupons. I would say that that is how I save the most; like I said above, the store here that doubles coupons is generally pretty expensive on things, so it kind of counters anything that you would have saved from the doubled coupons.

6. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds good basically the thing is when we get to learn things appropriately i mean what works for us and at the same time having knowledge regarding thins which are fine enough surely works for us so that is the way surely keep it this way mate surely people will get more chances regarding learning.

7. ragtimeannie

ragtimeannieActive Member

Threads:
    You don't have to find a store that doubles coupons in order to get free stuff. All you have to do is save your coupons and look for sales on the same items. Extra credit if you can get an app like Grocery51 or Ibotta which will give you a rebate too!

Realistically though, while free things are great, mostly what I aim for are items we need and use that I can get at at least a 50 percent discount. Half off or better is completely attainable and make a big difference to the family budget.

8. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    You can often still stack rewards, just from various sources. As some have mentioned, there are coupon apps where you take a picture of your receipt after you purchased the listed offerings (Ibotta is a popular one in the USA).
    Next, if you have a cash back credit card towards your purchases think of it as 0.5% -> 5% off depending. Then you have your own clipped out coupons for another discount. Lastly, or at least the last trick that I know, is if you can purchase goods online try using a website like ebates to get another % credit based on the store.

9. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I have NO store within 3 hours from me that double coupons. I do, however, have stores that have reward programs and has their own coupons that I can stack with manufacturer coupons. Dollar Tree is a great store where I come out way ahead. I get loads of free groceries and HBA items after coupons. K-Mart and Wal-Mart are other stores I come out ahead in. Wal-Mart is my main store and there alone I get alot of overages because I have a discount card to swipe before scanning coupons.

10. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    Today there are a lot of stores that are no longer doubling coupons so the issues that you are facing aren't something that is exclusive to you. I think that one of the best ways to save as much money as possible when you are shopping stores that don't double coupons is to make sure and stack sales and coupons together.

11. Wolf

WolfNew Member

Threads:
    Likewise, when I lived in the US I was surprised that the area where I was at did not have stores that doubled (or tripled) coupons at all! I then made sure I had a variety of sales coupons with me to take advantage of as many offers as possible. It takes a while and yes, normally I tried to go shopping when the stores are not full, so that I would not embarrass myself by holding up a crowd!

12. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I used to love shopping at stores that doubled coupons! I was just wondering if there was still any place that did that. You can save quite a lot of money by doubling your coupons, though I remember the best coupons, $0.50 and up, often had wording that said they could not be doubled. Now you have to luck out and catch something on sale when you happen to have a coupon for it.

13. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    Plus, it takes a lot of work and time figuring out how much coupons can save you and how to use that saved money elsewhere in the grocery list. I know I would not take the time out of my busy day to try to figure it out. Plus, every store has different policies about coupons. You would have to do your homework and know their policies.

14. HectorHegg

HectorHeggBanned

Threads:
    You can double your coupons at some stores. First of all you have to know your store’s coupon policy regarding doubling. You can find that information on your store's website. Some store only extends your coupon to 1$, but some other store can just double your coupons.

15. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I would take the coupons being taken up to a dollar if they will not double them since it is better than nothing. I did not realize that you could use a coupon on an item that was going to be free. I like the deal that Kroger just had with the buy six save $3. I had coupons for the products as well and I was able to stock up on cereal. On Saving Star, an app I use, it also had a discount for the same cereal. I love when this happens. I, also, use Checkout 51 and Ibotta to save money and sometimes I can get multiple discounts on the same items. Another app, which is my favorite, is Find & Save. You get a percentage back on a specified amount of money that you spend. They tend to have Kroger, Walmart, Family Dollar, Aldi, and more. It is really easy to get money back from this app and I always check out what stores they have on there before I go shopping.