Does Anyone Else Like/Use Zote?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by ACSAPA • Mar 25, 2014.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    At Walmart and a lot of the dollar stores here in Miami, they sell a Mexican laundry soap called Zote. It costs 97 cents and some hipsters use it as an ingredient in homemade laundry detergent.
    It comes in bar form and some Mexicans use it for everything from bathing to doing laundry to catfish bait because the citronella scent attracts catfish.
    When I'm out of dish soap and laundry soap and I'm flat broke, I buy a bar of Zote and use it for many things. It smells kind of good, if you don't mind citronella, it lathers well and it's dirt cheap.
    Have you ever bought Zote and do you like it?

2. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    i think I might have used it before. My husband randomly bought it when our washer machine was broken. I was really confused because he told me I can hand wash the clothes with that pink bar of soap. I was wondering where he got it from. It worked well for a job of hand washing clothes in case of an emergency. I really don't remember the scent of it, but it really is unique.

3. megshoe

megshoeMember

Threads:
    I've never heard of this brand before and I doubt we have it up in the northeast, but it sounds interesting. I would probably buy it myself because I tend to be really cheap. You should check out the ingredients in it and compare it to other brands. If it differs a lot, you might reconsider using it just because very cheap materials could irritate your skin. I generally find that the active ingredients in these products don't actually vary that widely, though.

4. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    I do! This stuff pretty much got me through college! haha. It's funny, now that I graduated from college and am making more money, I still use it :).

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's awesome. I still buy it even when I have more money too because you can't beat 97 cents for a month or two of laundry detergent. It lathers well, gets your clothes clean and it's safe enough that some people in Mexico use it to shower with because the citronella smell repels mosquitoes.