Making Purchase on Paypal After Closing Bank Account

Discussion in Payment Methods started by Daria • Mar 25, 2014.

1. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    I closed my bank account because my bank was charging me fees. I just realized that this might not have been good. I had verified my Paypal to my bank account. Will Paypal see that my account is closed? Will this cause a problem with the next purchase I want to make?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you have another backup payment method connected to your Paypal account? If you have a credit card or something connected to Paypal,then it doesn't really matter if you don't have a bank account connected. Paypal needs to have a backup funding source for you in case you don't have enough money in your Paypal account to cover a purchase or chargeback.

3. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    I think I might have linked a credit card, but I am not sure. I will go check. I need to get another bank account open ASAP. I am just worried paypal will notice before I am done and I am supposed to get paid through paypal for something someone owes me. I need to use that to pay a bill due tomorrow. Shesh, I am causing myself a headache!

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Don't stress!!

It's not going to stop you from receiving a payment. Even if they notice, they're not going to reject that money.

At absolute worst, it's going to lock your account in the upcoming weeks and ask you to verify in a different way. You'll just add a new account at that point and move on, but it won't prevent you from getting your money overall.

5. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    We recently had to close our checking account because of a scam that was taking money from our account. My account actually stayed linked and showed as verified until one weekend that I messed up and spent too much money and the charge was charged back to my paypal account. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It won't cause problems. If your account is closed you can still pay for stuff with funds you have in your paypal account. When I tried changing my bank details and had to remove an account I previously used I could still buy things and receive cash from clients I'd worked for so . . . there's absolutely no problem