Regular Water or Flavored Water?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Moneysaver93 • May 4, 2012.

1. Moneysaver93

Moneysaver93Member

Threads:
    I was just curious for everyone out there that drinks alot of water. What do you prefer more: Regular water or flavored water? Does mineral water taste any different from regular water?

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I prefer sparkling water to flavoured water or still water. I haven't yet found a flavoured water that tastes anything like the alleged flavour. I prefer to add a slice of lime or lemon to the water. It's a natural flavouring, and it's much cheaper too. Mineral water may taste slightly different, depending on the source of the water and the different minerals present.

3. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Flavored water...specifically Vitawater. Don't get me wrong. I still drink my fair share of water, because its really good for my metabolism. But I love, love, love Vitawater. It really gets me up and running in the mornings. I rarely drink coffee so I need something that really gives me energy in the mornings. For me that something is Vitawater. I just love it. That Kiwi Strawberry flavor is the best...especially when it is cold.

4. Stephanie

StephanieMember

Threads:
    I love mineral water. I usually buy La Croix, any flavor, but always have the lemon and/or lime on hand. Several times a year Publix will have them on sale for buy 1 get 1 free. Every once in awhile I'll see 3 for $10.00.

If money was no object, I'd always stock San Pellegrino, my favorite. Gerolsteiner is good also.

5. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer flavored water, but I don't like to buy my water so I wouldn't know much about mineral water. Everytime I go to buy water I remember the Evian is just Naive spelled backwards.

6. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer water. Just... water. I never really did understand the hype about flavored water. If I wanted my water to taste like something, I'd go with juice. If I want it to be sparkling, I'll just get a cola.

7. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I found your last sentence brilliant. I often look at words spelled backwards as well. But why I linked in with it, was we had a Chemistry lecturer visiting from Oxford, who was one of the best in his field...and told us if people on knew what they were really drinking when they bought mineral water!

At that point, due to them not adding certain preservatives, all kinds of microbes were growing in the bottles as they stood on store shelves - they could easily be seen under a microscope though. Til that point, I loved flavored mineral water...haven't touched it since.

8. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    I think plain water gets boring often. I will drink it occasionally, but not much. I like Propel water and vitamin water. They're probably my favorites.

9. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer just regular water. No flavorings or anything. When I want something to relieve my thirst, I want water and most flavored waters leave me even thirstier than I was before. That's also why I hardly ever drink soda.

10. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    I really like mineral water but only buy it if it's on sale. I like San Pellegrino best. I like seltzer water too and buy that because it's cheap. As for flavored water - I just can't bring myself to pay for it. I'll pour a pitcher of tap water and add citrus slices and sprigs of fresh herbs to flavor it. It's subtle, refreshing, tasty, healthy and cheap.

11. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    I usually have mineral water and if I forget to buy I use a bottle and add tap water to have with me. So I drink a lot of water when I am outside mostly. However, I can't say I got used to flavored water. It is not bad, most of them are slightly flavored, but it is not ideal to have if you are really thirsty as the taste might actually make you feel more thirsty. The mint one is good for gym, but other than that, tap water it is!

12. MEGATRUCK

MEGATRUCKMember

Threads:
    I stopped with Propel after it went to zero calories forever. I like flavored water if it's all natural, and it is great when I can actually find some.

13. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    That was the thing that I think alot of people don't quite get - tap water might taste funny, but it's because it has all kinds of thing to kill the parasites and microbes that are in it. That delicious spring water does not and there is very little on the books making the companies police how safe it may or may not be.

14. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely prefer flavoured water, although my favourite is flavoured sparkling water. I drink it on a daily basis without fail as it's a lot better for me than other fizzy drinks such as Coke, Pepsi, 7Up or lemonade, and it's actually very tasty... A lot better than plain water, that's for sure!

15. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    Spring water all the way! Nothing is more refreshing than a glass of ice cold water. I've had flavored water before, but it leaves a bad aftertaste in my mouth. When I was a kid I liked strawberry-kiwi flavored water. I tried to drink it as an adult and I couldn't believe I liked it as a child!

16. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    I have never been a fan of flavored water. I love the regular taste of clean cold fresh regular water. I will only drink flavored water if by chance that is the only thing that is available to me and I am very thirsty. Flavored water makes me feel like I am drinking juice sometimes and I do not like juice that much.

17. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I prefer plain water. I can't handle artificial sweeteners which are almost always in flavored waters. I don't usually like the taste anyway, so it's not like I'm at any real loss there. If I want flavored, I'll just add my own lemon/lime or maybe make a flavored drink of some sort for a little variety.

18. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    It's important to drink water. So I will always choose regular water first. I do enjoy drinking mineral water, like Perrier or Sal Pellegrino, with lemon and ice. Oh, how that is refreshing and a better alternative to Coca Cola or Pepsi. Club soda is also delicious on a really hot day.

19. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    I buy those little flavoured packages and put them in my water to add a little taste. I tried to go with adding lemon but it just wasn't the same.

20. norm17

norm17New Member

Threads:
    i prefer mineral water :))