Type of Restaurant you like??

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Adryan • Mar 30, 2014.

1. Adryan

AdryanMember

Threads:
    Which type of restaurants you like a cheaper one or an expensive one with lots of facilities or to a pub , Cafeteria etc??:)

2. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I have a dislike for formal, pretentious, expensive dining. There is a point where increasing the price of a meal no longer increases its quality or its enjoyment. I do prefer a moderately priced restaurant over a fast food or cafeteria style place but that is because I want to sit down, be served, and enjoy my meal. I am willing to pay more for that privilege. Some of the more inexpensive dining establishments have good food, but cater to families with children and that can make for a less enjoyable dining experience. Pub food can be good but as it is mostly deep fried foods, it must be eaten sparingly.

3. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I love formal, expensive dining, especially when I'm with my friends. My friends and I love going to popular and trending restaurants because we're into trying out new restaurants and the popular things on the menu. My friends and I are into fine dining because we like dressing up for occasions and hanging out in these kind of settings.

However, we do have these times where we decide to go out to affordable food bazaars where they sell affordable options and sometimes we try out street food. We like going to different kinds of restaurant settings, but we avoid fast food because we hate it.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have no problem splurging on an expensive restaurant if I know I am getting something worth my money - especially if it is something I could not make at home. For example, a good steak house that dry ages their steaks. They have the facilities to do this properly vs. me trying to wing it in my fridge. They also get a better price on the meat itself, so they can afford to eat the cost of shaving off the outer portions of the meat that become inedible in the aging process. Even stuff like fried foods, by the time I waste a whole bottle of oil to deep fry some stuff at home, not to mention buy the items themselves to fry, along with the panko breading - it cost me more than it would to have just gone out and bought it at a restaurant. I can easily blow $15 for the ingredients to make fried calamari at home, or just spend $8-$10 to order it at a restaurant.

However, I wouldn't frequent places like Chili's or Applebees, or TGI Fridays on a regular basis. I can make all that stuff at home, better and cheaper.

5. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the mood. Sometimes I like moderately-priced kitsch, other times I can appreciate a luxurious or trendy spot for the experience. I have yet to attend a food truck event but right now, one of the eating trends are communal tables. Like the name says, it's just one or more parties sharing a large table. My advertising teacher says that this isn't going away because it saves restaurant owners money.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My favorite are the nice and quiet ones although I like noisy and lively restaurants almost equally. It just depends on what mood I'm in on any particular day. I do have some types that I avoid like ones that look dirty or unmaintained and I also don't like buffets all that much since I don't like standing up constantly when having a meal, but I don't dislike it that much.

7. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Buffet, All You Can Eat and Sushi Bar

The best place for eating is a buffet restaurant. We get a place to sit and then choose what we'd like to eat from the buffet menu. Order additional drinks and enjoy our meals. Restaurants with all-you-can-eat deals are also a good option for dining out with the whole family. Birthdays and special occasions call for all-you-can-eat deals. A quiet Sushi Bar is suitable for when I need some quiet time and when I crave the tasty, healthy Japanese sushi.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like both casual and formal dining. I used to do a lot for work, but casual dining is more relaxed and the food choices tend to be focused on meals rather than using lots of sauces or in season produce.

I enjoy formal dining as the presentation is excellent and there are some creative and inspirational dishes served. It also depends on who you are with and the occasion. Some people don't appreciate formal dining and others find casual dining too heavy, so I adapt to the company I keep. I do like buffets, as they tend to be a chance to try out things you never dared before.

9. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I do not like fine dining. I sometimes think that people who eat there are never comfortable. They have to be so formal that they don't really get to enjoy their food at all. I actually prefer fastfood or those ordinary restaurants. I can order food, enjoy it very much, and pay. Nothing fancy. No SOPs.

10. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I like eating at all kinds of restaurants. I like pubs though. Bar food is always comforting and it's fun to try different types of beer. It's unhealthy but I still go :D I also like the build your own salad types of places. I like trying out new ingredients and combinations. A big salad at lunch with some protein fills me up but isn't too heavy.

11. florida2015

florida2015Member

Threads:
    I am a big Foodie so I love all types of restaurants and don't discriminate. Especially if someone else is paying! I like to get dressed up occasionally and got to a nice restaurant for special occasions. Mostly I like mid-priced places with great bar food or desserts. I try not to go to buffets because I don't get my moneys worth and they are unhealthy. Pubs, bistros, Mom and Pop restaurants and inexpensive hole-in-the walls are all great to me. I love to travel and go to new places. I am still trying to get into one of Emeril's restaurants! He is my favorite.