Free mcdonalds coffee

Discussion in Freebies and Giveaways started by astockd1 • Mar 30, 2014.

1. astockd1

astockd1Member

Threads:
    Hello! Starting tomorrow McDonald will be giving away free small coffees during breakfast hours. I believe this will be every morning for the next two weeks. You don't have to buy anything. Enjoy!!

2. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Right!

free small coffee* during breakfast mar 31 - apr 13 add some great to your morning

Our rich McCafe(TM) Coffee is made with 100% Arabica beans and is freshly brewed throughout the day. We invite you to try the smooth perk-me-up you need to shine all day. Learn more at aboutmcdonalds.com
    At participating McDonald's(R).
    *a la carte only

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I'm sure it's going to boost their sales anyway, simply because if someone is going to wait in a long line for free coffee, they're likely to be buying breakfast while they're at it, too.

In the long run, it might help them overall to set themselves as a coffee shop style place, too, assuming their coffee is actually decent.

4. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't experienced "long lines" in Oklahoma City fast-food (definitely no more than 5 people, usually only one or two or none). Of course, Oklahoma City (even out on the 'edge' of it, here in the 'suburbs' of Bethany & Warr Acres), there are about 10-15 places to eat within a square-mile ... you can't swing a cat without hitting a restaurant here!

And no, it's not 'free coffee, and you might as well get breakfast,' it's 'since you're buying breakfast, we'll give you the coffee free' (I mean the offer: it's not 'free coffee,' it's "free coffee with breakfast").

And have you been to a McDonald's? Because most of the ones around here ... are the example coffee-shops try to follow!

5. Wolf

WolfNew Member

Threads:
    Is this worldwide or limited to certain countries? I know that McDonald's often give good deals. I won a cheeseburger when their monopoly game/offer was on. Good thing too as I was short on cash that day and by spending money on a single café expresso (it cost me about 1 Euro) I won an entire cheeseburger (I think it was called a "burger royale" or something like that in France). Now that is value for money!

I'll ask my local McDonald's about this.

6. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    It seems they're doing it to detract attention from Taco Bell launching their breakfast menu and slighting Dunkin Doughnuts at the same time. Nothing like having to give something away for free to get a win. Though, much like Jessi mentioned, I doubt people would not pick up a few items from the dollar menu while they're waiting for the coffee.

7. micah13

micah13Member

Threads:
    Yeah I got a free coffee yesterday! Thanks for the tip! Nothing like a hot cup of joe in the morning.

8. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I remember this.

They have ran this promotion before. I must admit that i stopped by, and got a free coffee ever morning. However i was not impressed. Their coffee sucks, but it was free so i could not complain.

I don't even think i will waste my time this time around. It's not worth it. i will just make my own coffee at home. However. If you like Mcdonalds coffee. i can understand your excitement.

I doesn't mean much to me though.

9. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if it makes much difference now, but I didn't see any limitation like 'Only in America' or 'Only in Oklahoma' on there.

Again; I don't know if it makes much difference now, but the deal wasn't 'come in for the free coffee and MAYBE eat something too,' it was "free small coffee with breakfast' ... better get in there before they 'crumble under the crowd's "GIMME-GIMME"-roar, up the minimum-wage to $10+ & then start charging $3 - $4 for everything on their dollar-menu!!

10. Wolf

WolfNew Member

Threads:
    That's good to know, I've haven't had McDonald's for a while now and now might be a good time to start again. I think a free coffee with breakfast might be worth a trip to the nearest McD's (or McDo, as they call them here in France).

Generally I'm not much of a fan of McDonald's coffee, even in Paris where the McCafés serve croissants, macarons and flan natures, but beggars can't be choosers.

11. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    Oh excellent! :) Is this just in the US or in the UK also? I can't wait to get collecting all the monopoly stickers! :) You can get lots of free food and drink that way

12. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    It's a smart tactic on their part. I also agree that they probably thought that people would buy breakfast too while they were there. I actually like McDonald's coffee myself...it's not my favorite, but it's not bad at all.

13. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think this deal (now expired, BTW) is related to the MONOPOLY-deal. If McD's starts doing that again, maybe we'll discuss it in another thread.

The deal is expired now, but it was 'F.REE COFFEE WITH BREAKFAST,' not "free coffee! & maybe breakfast too while you're there.'

Many here have 'refined tastes' in coffee, but I always considered coffee my "way of being a grownup" :p ---kinda like taking medicine, you don't worry much about 'how it tastes.'

14. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    To be honest.

I hate Mcdonalds coffee, and so do most people who eat there. At least the customers i know. Everyone knows that Mcdonalds coffee sucks. No one buys it. I a sure that is why they are giving it away free. if the coffee was selling there would be no need to run a promotion like this.

This is not the first time they have done this. It didn't work in the past, and this time will be no different.