Happy Hour or Living Social/Groupon

Discussion in Food & Drink started by nwitt • Mar 30, 2014.

1. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    These days, I find myself spending less money on groupons and living social deals. Many of them have so many limitations. They also have so many groupons out there, that I could waste my money if I bought them. Instead, I tend to go to my favorite places and take advantage of happy hours and other deals.

I do think Groupon is a great way to try new places.

Which do you prefer or do more?

2. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with you (even if you haven't approved my 'friend request' yet :p ). Groupons (if they're anything like 'coupons' :eek: ) are pretty-much just 'advertising.' Much better it is to either happen by at happy hour (or some other good-deal time) or just be such a loyal customer that the cashier blesses you with discounts!

They're BOTH win-win situations (business for the business, savings for you), but the 'good-deal times' add a little more to you ... call it 'friendly feelings,' call it chutzpah, whatever.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I actually rarely get to use either. Happy Hour generally falls within a time frame that I'm not out and about anyway. I do still occasionally buy Groupons, but only to places that I already go to frequently (like a local hoagie shop) or for a special occasion (like when I bought a massage as a gift for someone last year).